Auto Parts Stores

Are there any independent auto parts stores in Mexico, around the Cancun area.  I am not looking for an AutoZone or NAPA, but some independent smaller stores or parts distributors.

Canadian911 wrote:

Are there any independent auto parts stores in Mexico, around the Cancun area.  I am not looking for an AutoZone or NAPA, but some independent smaller stores or parts distributors.

From what I have seen and experienced you sort of need to know someone who knows someone.

After a flat, my rim was bent. The dealer had all sorts of expensive options. My friend asked someone who told him about a man on a little side street.

Not an impressive store at all, but he really was an expert in repairing rims. When I replaced the tire the person putting on the new tire was star struck about the repair on my rim. Apparently the gentleman who repaired my rim had quite a bit of fame and is an artist. I assume that might be what you are looking for. Ask around, talk to locals.

Canadian911 wrote:

In cities there are usually several streets in the same area with auto parts stores. Here possibly we have more than a 100 of them scattered throughout the city. No NAPA just AutoZones.