Buying A Car in Cancun

Hello there

We are a family of four travelling for 6 months in Central America.  We are currently based in Cancun and are hoping to sell the vehicle once we reach our destination in Costa Rica.  It's therefore important that we have all the correct paperwork ie: Factura, Tarjeta de Circulation.  Also needs to have good working air conditioning and be reliable.

If you can help us in our quest to find an affordable vehicle then please do get in contact as we have been in Cancun since 5th January and are ready to leave :-) but haven't found a suitable, affordable vehicle as yet.

We can be contacted via email or What's Ap using our British mobile number

Many thanks

Paul & Tara

I am not an expert but I think that you can't buy a car in Mexico with a tourist visa. Many buy under presta nombre  (mexican name) and I allows you to use it.

Buena suerte, GyC.

Thank you.  We have done plenty of research on this and are fairly clear of the risks.  We just need to find a suitable vehicle now.  IF you can help us with this that would be great. Thanks

You can buy but not register a car as a Tourist

We purchased a new Nissan with no problems. Sounds like you are looking for something cheap that works. At the baseball stadium, as well as several parking lots (Sam's, Costco etc) there are many, many used cars available for purchase. There is a new used car lot at Plaza Las Americas as well.
Buena suerte!