Computer Technician Reg. at SCE Degree Attestation required or not

Dear All,

I have got a job offer. Due to some mismatch in names on my degree and passport the attestation is failed.

However, I am asked to come on Labor visa and then profession will be changed to Computer Technician.

I have two questions,

1) To register as Computer Technical at SCE do we need to provide the attested degree or without attested degree it will be processed?
2)  On Computer Technician profession can we sponsor family iqama / visa?

Looking for quick help.

Thanks,

1 - I suggest you to register in SCE with DIPLOMA for Computer Technician profession if your documents are readily available. And yes, your diploma must be authenticated and attested in your home country.

You can register without diploma but SCE will give you 3 months temporary membership only; and they will cancel it if you fail to upload the required diploma and supporting document certificates.

Here is how to register as Computer Technician (Diploma holder): Upload the following documents to the SCE profile that you have created:
- Attested diploma, both sides.
- Authorization Letter, download from SCE website, fill out properly, and scan.
- Introduction letter from the current employer, attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Copy of Iqama/Entry visa page in the passport.
- Copy of Passport.
- Personal Photograph (passport quality).
*Note: All documents are subject to verification from the issuing agency.

2- Yes, for Computer Technician profession with more than 5 years experience you can sponsor your family on a permanent visa (iqama).

did you manage to change your profession to a computer technician?

I have an accountant profession but I need to change it to a computer technician but my degrees still need to be attested from my home country. but can I change it temporarily until next tenure?

Well in my case, company is taking the responsibility for profession change (Computer Technican). However, my bacholer of computer science degree is not attested from Saudi culture and Embassy but HR is saying that attested degree is not required.

that means there is hope until I get my attestation finished.

t24expert wrote:

Well in my case, company is taking the responsibility for profession change (Computer Technican). However, my bacholer of computer science degree is not attested from Saudi culture and Embassy but HR is saying that attested degree is not required.

Obviously, attestation of your DIPLOMA won't be needed because they mobilize you to KSA on Labor Visa. In this case, your company HR is correct.

But by the time you are going to register as non-engineering (Computer Technician} profession in Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE)…this is another story…SCE won't accept you (Reject) once they've found your Diploma is NOT authenticated and attested in your home country in addition if your years of experience is less than five (5) years. In this scenario your HR will turn his back on you.

I have a question
If sce technician membership is with only experience certificate without diploma
How to renew next year

Ntinku wrote:

I have a question
If sce technician membership is with only experience certificate without diploma
How to renew next year

Step – 1: Login to your SCE account.
Step – 2: Find the tab at the lower bottom ‘Renew Membership'
Step – 3: Select the number of years you want it to be a member.
Step – 4: You will receive an SMS to pay the renewal fee.
Step – 5: Click ‘Continue'
Step – 6: All done –SCE membership is renewed.

Dear ,
Before i register SCE membership with experience (Without Diploma) and now i had change my sponsorship.Will there be any issue in renewing the membership...?

Did you renew the membership...?

Without diploma SCE membership can be renewed??

In my first i completed 6 years. But now i am on other company since 1.6 years only, how can i apply for membership with experience certificate only??

I have a question
How to renew next year

they will not renew without diploma

This means we can renew membership without diploma? I have the same scenario my membership will expire on march

This means we can renew membership without diploma? I have the same scenario my membership will expire on march

no u can not without diploma

Dears,
I am working as a computer technician almost 10 years and my profession in Iqama also Computer technician . But my degree in Bcom. Now I did a temporary registration without certificate in SCE. Now I want to change registration as Permanent. Is it possible to do Permanent registration with my 10 years of Experiance?? Or is there any other option to make it as permanent??

seeking your kind replay on this

Hi Nishad

I have the same problem. Also my SCE and my iqama expires on same date. How can I renew my Iqama..?

I have bachelors of telecom engineering degree attested from MOFA and HEC in pakistan and my profession is telecom technician. Can they accept my temporary to permanent membership on the basis of degree? I already submitted them today though. I hope they will and won't ask me to submit Diploma instead of degree

nabeel khan22 wrote:

Hi Nishad

I have the same problem. Also my SCE and my iqama expires on same date. How can I renew my Iqama..?

Iqama renewal can be done before 3 months do the renewal before SCE expires.

Assalamualaikum

My Iqama is electrical technician but I have engineer graduation with ksa attested, how can I apply in sce for this , because there is no option for graduation degree

@Nishad N K

I have the same case you please share details how you registered with SCE I am new here.