Coming to egypt

Hi all
I am planning to join for a job  in egypt by next weekend.

The location is near suez,place name is attaka.

Please guide me how far is this place from Cairo? Is there is any residential location nearby? some social activities/

If anybody can assist me with answer will be appreciated

Well,all the best and see u guys

Hello rajpal4 and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will help you.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Hi Rajpal4,

Suez is around an hour to an hour nad a half from Cairo. U could live in Masr El Gedeeda area or Nasr City (another area)or Rehab. Those would be the closest to Suez inside Cairo, that's if u r not planning on living in Suez itself. Of course u would be welcome in any outing organized by the expat-blog group (us). Have a great stay here. When will u move to Egypt?

Rania

Thanks dear
I am arriving on 25th,and initially stay in a hotel untill i find a suitable apartment.

once more thanks

Like rozypearl indicated, it's a 1.5 Hr. drive to Cairo.

If you like the water you can find plenty of beaches for a swim.

I'm not sure about the available facilities within Suez.This area is a decent size port city.

hello rajpal4
i think u will need to find a place in Suez as it will be hard to go from Cairo everyday unless u want to spend 2 or 3 hours going to and coming back if u need anymore information my Skype is life20111

If you will be working in Suez.I think it's not reasonable at all living in cairo.and yes you will be so exhausted and i'm sure after one or two weeks you will give up...You can live in Suez and come to cairo for week ends forexample to meet with friends or whatever...good luck anyway :)

it better to live in suez and more safe than driving every day

good luck

Hi dear ..
trust me, you'd better stay in Suez, my husband works now in project in Ismallia & he used to come & go on daily basis but it was very hectic for him & now he's more relaxed stayin in Ismallia.

I believe there are good apartments there & for sure some expats are there too.

Welcome to Egypt!

Thank you all ,and your advise.

I shall stay in a hotel initially and will organise an apartment early as possible.

Appreciate your time for replying my question.

Hope to meet you soon in Egypt