New women friends in rehab city cairo

hi my name is maggie, i lived in rehab city for 3yrs and came back to the uk for 4yrs i am planning to go back to egypt in sept 2011 and.. would like to invite any new ladies that have came from the uk to get together for some company. I will be moving back to rehab city with my two daughters age 14 and 12, and would love to make some friends. i It would be nice for new people from the uk to feel happy in egypt and making new friends helps people to settle in and be happy around where they are living. so anyone moving to rehab with family it would be nice to contact me and we can meet for a chat.

hi maggie
have sent you a pm

Hi maggie,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you find some nice contacts on the site.

Hi chocolata and flowergirl!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hey GUYS welcome in EGYPT community , have FUN. :)

THANKS ARMAND AND ADOUMY

FLOWERGIRL

Hi Chocolata, I'm from the uk :) happy to meet up in Cairo when you arrive. They say once you've tasted the Nile you'll keep coming back so I guess it's true :-p

Elaine

Hi chocolata,

I'm in katameya heights, and would love to meet up around el rehab...there's a new area opening up nearby called downtown katameya, which would be a good choice too.

I'm a fellow Brit, just arrived a month ago-would be great to have some new friends:)

Max

hi minaxi
i am also a brit ,am in uk at the momment but will be returning to cairo in about 1 month.there is a cafe in rehab called tota its owned by an aussie girl and on wednesday mornings she has a ladies coffee morning there . expats from all over the world meet up and make new friends hope to see you there one day.

Hi everybody!

Don't forget to tell us more about the meeting.

Have a nice time,
Harmonie.

Thanks for letting me know about weds coffee mornings-will def go nxt wk...I went out for a drive exploring yesterday mOrning and ended up in el rehab but didn't know about this-chances of that, ehh?!!

Is there anyone I should ask for/look out to say hi to?

Max

hi max
it starts at 10 am della the owner usually spots anyone new straight away and introduces herself she is very nice,say hi to her from me my name is cherie,also if you meet somone called shaz say hi,she is also a brit and is actually a fantastic hairdresser. the cafe is in the market area if u need dellas number i will pm it to you, have fun
                  cherie

Hi cherie,

Ahh thankyou for that-will definitely go along (assuming hubby leaves me the car that day). Will pass on your messages if I meet della/ shaz etc and hopefully catch you there soon!  Its good and bad ....I've got an Indian heritage so most ppl keep thinking I'm Egyptian here so hope della spots me-heheee! Will try and make myself known:) maybe wear a union jack t shirt-lol!

How's things with you in the uk? Getting packed and ready?

M

Hi Max, will be glad to meet up with you and cherie, in rehab when i come over.
I drive but not in egypt lol, so it would be nice to meet in rehab take care maggie.

welcome chocolata and flower gurl to cairo and to el rehab am also from rehab its a gr8 place hope u enjoy it :)

HAHAHAHAHA

Eltviloa, u r speaking like oure Egyptians now )))))))))

Hi
My name is Agnieszka. I am from Poland. My partner /Brit/ will be working in Cairo for next 12 months. I am considering to move there as well. The company rents a flat in Rehab. I like the area a lot. I spent there three weeks (in January and in May). I am worried about finding a job, I cant imagine staying at the flat all the time. I have been working in accountancy/finance for 13 years. It seems like there aren't many job offers for women in Cairo. We don't have kids, so I need to keep myself busy when my partner is at work.I am worried I will go mad on my own in the flat. How do you cope with that?

Welcome to Expat.com Agnieszka! :)

I hope you find lot of new contacts on the site.

Hi Agneiszka

My names Max, and like you I'm here in Cairo looking for a job whilst my husband works and I have no children either (just my cat)-it's been one month here now.

It can be quite difficult but I find things to do! First thing I make sure that I don't rush to do anything anymore-otherwise I run out of things to do-this is new to me as I like doing lots of things. Also i have learnt to drive 'cairo style' so I explore different areas of Cairo to find things we need (butchers, house things). I look for jobs, enjoy having the time to read the newspaper, teaching myself Arabic etc. If I don't find work in the next 2-3weeks I'll start some volunteering.

And as Maggie/cherie have mentioned, I'm looking fwrd to some new friends and ideas of things to do when I go to the Wednesday am coffee mornings.

I'm not sure if that helps? I do have the odd day where I'm wondering how long I can keep going without a job and I might be going crazy, however for the joy of eating breakfast, reading the newspaper, whilst sitting in a gorgeous sunny garden everyday....it passes!

If you do come across, would be great to meet for a coffee:)

Max

Hi Max

Wow, driving in Cairo!!! I am a car addicted person but I am not brave enough to drive in Egypt.
I am just about to finish MBA so I will not come back to Cairo before the end of July.
I will keep trying to find a job but I have big doubts about women position in that country :(
It's good to hear that you are trying to organize your time.
I will contact you when I am back to Cairo.
By the way I love coffee from On the Run ;)

Agnieszka

Hi there,

my name is mona, I live in rehab city.., i'm egyptain married to a BRIT, we came back fm london a year ago.., but still hv no friends till now.., I know every where around rehab city.., so.., i would like to meet all of u when its possible

All the Best:)

hi mona
welcome to the forum i am in london at the moment will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat when i get back to cairo in the meantime i am sure you will make some friends on the forum , look on the oldies asnd newbies thread some people meet up for outings already,i am sure you would be welcome to join them.

cherie

Hi! Does anyone know how to get from Rehab City to downtown cairo/tahrir/anywhere near there? Are there buses or anything? sorry to interrupt ur thread!! thanks a billion!

Hi Mariposa_Voice_for_Peace!

I would suggest you to create a new thread on the Cairo forum for your question.

Regards
Armand

flowergirl wrote:

hi mona
welcome to the forum i am in london at the moment will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat when i get back to cairo in the meantime i am sure you will make some friends on the forum , look on the oldies asnd newbies thread some people meet up for outings already,i am sure you would be welcome to join them.

cherie

Hi flower girl, nice to hear from u, it would be very nice to meet u here in Rehab.

as i said i know every where around rehab,, i know very nice place for coffee aswell.., it just remind me of "coffee NERO" in London
u will love it there :)

so when ever u come .. i'm here waiting :)

Regards

flowergirl wrote:

hi mona

cherie

Hi flower girl, nice to hear from u, it would be very nice to meet u here in Rehab.

as i said i know every where around rehab,, i know very nice place for coffee aswell.., it just remind me of "coffee NERO" in London

Regards

hi mona
that will be great,i dont actually live in rehab,i live about 15 minutes drive away in tagamoa khamis just of street 90 so not to far and i usually go to rehab 2 or 3 times a week ,look forward to meeting you.
                     cherie

Mona Calthorpe wrote:
flowergirl wrote:

Regards

Hi Mona

Which coffee shop in Rehab is that?

Regards

Mona Calthorpe wrote:

Hi there,

my name is mona, I live in rehab city.., i'm egyptain married to a BRIT, we came back fm london a year ago.., but still hv no friends till now.., I know every where around rehab city.., so.., i would like to meet all of u when its possible

Hi Mona,

Flowergirl is right, you'd be very welcome to the public socials :) It's not nice to be without friends in such a huge city! ;) But we don't normally venture out the Rehab I'm afraid, it's hard enough getting a group together in Zamalek!! :rolleyes:

Elaine

flowergirl wrote:

hi mona
that will be great,i dont actually live in rehab,i live about 15 minutes drive away in tagamoa khamis just of street 90 so not to far and i usually go to rehab 2 or 3 times a week ,look forward to meeting you.
                     cherie

Hi cherie,

yes u r right tagmoa el khamis is very close to us.. i drive to there some times :)
u r more than welcome in rehab anytime, looking forward to meet  u too :)

eltviola wrote:
Mona Calthorpe wrote:

Hi there,

Hi Mona,

Flowergirl is right, you'd be very welcome to the public socials :) It's not nice to be without friends in such a huge city! ;) But we don't normally venture out the Rehab I'm afraid, it's hard enough getting a group together in Zamalek!! :rolleyes:

Elaine

Hi Elaine,
thank u alot for welcoming me.., i think its gonna make a huge different in my life having friends around me, as i'm not originally from Cairo.
r u living in Zamalek..?.. its a bit far from rehab.:/
anyway.. im happy to know all of u:D

Aykalam wrote:
Mona Calthorpe wrote:
flowergirl wrote:

Regards

Hi Mona

Which coffee shop in Rehab is that?

Regards

Hi

SANTO.. infront of the Bank area.., the new gate of the souk

:)

hi flowergirl, minaxie, and mona, i cant wait to come over in august, looking forward to meeting u all for a chat and a coffee. maggie.

Hi Maggie, mona, flowergirl:)

Hi mona, great to meet you!

Would definitely look forward to meeting up in Rehab-unfortunately we've had a family bereavement so my husband and I are going back to the uk for next week but free the week after if you'd like a coffee Mona? When do you arrive  flowergirl? You said July?

Maggie....we will keep a mocha frappe on ice til you join us in August:):)))

Max

hi ,max,maggie ,mona
looks like i wont be in cairo till mid august,but keep the coffee hot for me.

Mona Calthorpe wrote:

Hi Elaine,
thank u alot for welcoming me.., i think its gonna make a huge different in my life having friends around me, as i'm not originally from Cairo.
r u living in Zamalek..?.. its a bit far from rehab.:/
anyway.. im happy to know all of u:D

Ooh where are you from? :) I'm actually living in Heliopolis so still a long way from Rehab! But maybe one day I'll make it to Rehab, in which case I'll let you know!

Hi Maggie, Minaxi, Elaine,flowergirl..,

Cant wait to c all of you :).. when ever u come i will be here ready for a cuppa coffee... anytime Max.
Elaine: I'm originally from Suez.. and still Heliopolis not that far from rehab.

anyway.. waiting for u girls :)

hi cherie i tried to sent you a private message but it would not allow it so i will give you a call in a few days. Did you have a good time in spain? anyway speak soon Maggie.

hi maggie
had a great time thanks ,got your pms speak soon

cherie

hey i have a friend who will be coming in september to egypt and she needs a place to stay in does any gurls here could use a room mate for 3 months thnx