Mvv sticker taking too long

Hello everyone,

I'm from Algeria and I applied for a zoekjaar visa in July at a Dutch embassy in Algeria while on vacation here. I studied in Europe (schengen state) for nearly 7 years and I meet all the conditions. I left Europe in September because my permit was about to expire so I never overstayed or anything (that's also why I didn't apply for the visa in the country where I lived at the time because I knew the decision might take longer than I had left).

I then received a positive decision from the IND end of September (after a wait of about 2 months and a half). Great. Now my problem is with the sticker. I submitted the passport at the embassy in the last week of October, and my sticker "application" is still being processed . I called the IND and they say that my file is perfectly normal, it's still a positive decision, they haven't been contacted by the embassy for more information of anything like that, and that I should get in touch the embassy directly. I did but they keep saying it's under process. I'm really worried and they won't say anything to me, just that I should wait. But the waiting time is supposed to be 2 weeks. It's been over 6 weeks and still nothing. Everyone on here seems to have trouble with the IND waiting time, but has anyone experienced this with the sticker part of the process? I thought it would simply be a formality and all necessary checks would have been run by the IND already. I didn't think the embassy had much of a decision to make. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks!

Hey... could you share what ended up happening in your case?

@julianapdias Hi Juliana, I'm also from Brazil and in the same situation as you are. Can you let me know how the Consulate ended up handling your situation? I'm quite stressed haha

Hello fc.marina,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f609.svg

To increase your chances of getting an answer, I invite you to create a new thread on the Netherlands forum to ask your question.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team