Work/residence permit/visa to the Netherlands

My girlfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. She is Filipino and I'm Dutch. We are making plans on starting to work towards getting together, finding work for her here and marrying.

I'm unsure what options we do have considering she didnt finish any study. She did work in Japan for a while and had a barber certificate, but I'm unsure if that would make any difference for here.

I'm working at an IT-contractor since august and working on an assignment at the Rabobank now.

My girlfriend would like to work in a store or a hotel (maybe a barber) and is now starting to study the dutch language.

So I'm curious about what approaches do we have to getting together and her starting to work. What visa or permit would we need to apply for so we can achieve this.

All the help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As a Dutch citizen, it would be easier if you were married.  If not married, then you need to prove a lasting relationship between the 2 of you and that you will be able to support her if she came to live with you in the Netherlands.  The details of how to apply for her visa are on the Dutch Government (IND) website; this link will take you there.

My advice is to read through the link I've provided; if you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team