Starting a new life

Guys,
I'm looking to start a new life and looking for my options. I currently hold an Indian passport and I'm either looking for an alternative citizenship or a residency permit which can later evolve into a citizenship.

I know of programs that offer residency/citizenship by investment, but I don't have the resources for any of these. At best, I can setup a small café (I have immense experience) or do odd jobs to survive for a couple of years. I think, I have resources for a year to make my living possible (offcourse also depends on where I go).

I would prefer a remote island, mountains & beach and reasonable healthcare facilities as some of my key preferences. I'm in my late 30s and totally ok with a slow pace life.

Take your shot guys.

Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Dominica, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Very affordable, good and cheap healthcare system, nice people and safe. If you don't mind learning Spanish, check out Medellin Columbia.

goa

Mauritius, Maldives and Zanzibar are cheaper for u to access and very good.

Goa indeed is a good suggestion, but I'd like to explore options outside India.

All these places demand you to get a job + sponsor in order to apply for a residency. I can't travel here as a tourist and then setup a business & then apply for residency (not legitimately).

I don't think you could do much better than what you're already doing, sun.surf. Go somewhere (anywhere) and find a job that you can do, get a Work Permit, and just go to work. What have you got to lose? In my observation, no country in the world allows strangers to immigrate and set up in business in competition with citizens. At least, I've never heard of one.

You've probably picked a good place. My wife and I lived in Vila in the '70s, and enjoyed it. That was before independence, and things changed after that event. Still... It was a quaint place, then, with some quaint customs. I wrote a few blog-posts about it many years later. Here's one that might amuse you.
https://barlowscayman.blogspot.com/2014 … rides.html

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR