Finishing Secondary Education?????

So.... I am really stuck.
When I would be moving to the Netherlands I would be a high school senior at 18 yo. I would not yet have my diploma so I would need to finish secondary school (I also want to go to a university of applied sciences in NL as well). I am not even sure if this is possible to do but figured I should ask. I do not speak fluent Dutch nor will I be able to in just 11 months. For this reason, I figure I might have to attend a bilingual or international school. Though I have looked into to eligibility requirements for international schools and I am not sure I would fit, considering I would be moving alone? Would I even be able to get a residence permit for this reason? I don't know but if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Not easy, you haven't told us very much to go on - how old are you now and when are you moving?  How are planning on entering the Netherlands, by this I mean what visa do you think you will be granted?  This matters as the Dutch education system is streamed from age 11, while it's possible to cross to a higher education path, it very much depends on you speaking and writing Dutch to a native level.

International schools do not teach to the Dutch curriculum and are very expensive, but maybe useful to complete your US diploma - so, if you have lots of money, perhaps this may work for you.

The other option would be to wait and complete your education so as to have your high school diploma, then apply for one of the international courses; this link will take you to a Dutch University website that can help you further.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Dear Sir,

My son is 15 years old, Spanish Nationality and will complete 16 in December, 2023.   My son is completing Secondary School that is ESO equalent to 10th standard in UK.    After that I am planing to move to Netherlands.   

I would like to ask you to please help me that can my son join studies in Netherlands. Which level/ course ??

My other son 13 years old  is in 2nd of ESO that is 8th standard as in UK.

Other son  8 years old is in Primary Scool is in 3rd standard as in UK

My daughter is 4 years old is in kindergarden.

Please help me in this regards

Dear Sir,
My son is 15 years old, Spanish Nationality and will complete 16 in December, 2023.  My son is completing Secondary School that is ESO equalent to 10th standard in UK.  After that I am planing to move to Netherlands. 

I would like to ask you to please help me that can my son join studies in Netherlands. Which level/ course ??

My other son 13 years old is in 2nd of ESO that is 8th standard as in UK.

Other son 8 years old is in Primary Scool is in 3rd standard as in UK

My daughter is 4 years old is in kindergarden.

Please help me in this regards
-@aneeldass

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Nuffic is the Dutch Government organisation for internationalisation in education. They have a webpage with a lot of information on this subject; this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team