Is Quebec one of the safest cities in the world?

Hey everyone!

I am Anne-Lise from the Expat.com editorial team! :) Hope your week is going swimmingly!

A recent survey has ranked Quebec the third safest city in the world. We thought it might be an interesting thing to keep in mind for expats-to-be and featured a little piece about Quebec in our magazine- Quebec now one of the safest cities in the world.

Please do share your experience of safety in Quebec so fellow expats, locals but particularly expats-to-be are aware and ask their questions if they have any.

Regards,

Anne-Lise

Correct. Sadly, the Americas, outside of Eastern Canada, are not particulary safe by world standards and it is good that this characteristic of Eastern Canada is pointed out. Its urban violence rate ranks with the best Asian or European cities.

We chose two areas to commute between for our retirement..the Ecuadorean Andes and the Quebec Laurentians. They were chosen for many reasons..not the least of which were good or better weather with the then predicted climate change effect and personal safety. Been doing it for 10 years. I bless my stars I sat down and thought about it carefully before making decisions.