Relocation company for private individuals

Hello,

I looked at the relocation companies, but they seem to do relocation of employees and their families for business. We would like to move, but this is not for business. Just a private move.
Though we would like more services than the move alone. We would like the help with bank accounts, NHS, councill taxes, info about bringing our car (or buying one),...
Is this possible ?

We would choose our house to buy ourselves, but some assistance with the rest would be nice.

Thank you
Annick

Hi again.

To be honest, I've never heard of such a thing in the UK; thinking about it, it's probably because there is nothing they can do for you, you do have to do all the legwork and applying yourself; i.e. :

Bank accounts - apply online once you have an address in the UK

NHS - go to your local doctor and register

Council tax - go online and use Google to find your local council office, contact them.

Car - Unless it's a unique model and right-hand drive, bringing a car is probably more hassle than it's worth.  Buying a car is easy, although your lack of a UK credit history may make it difficult to get credit.

Credit history is probably the single most frustrating thing for most expats in the UK, you can't get a mobile phone contract without it; in fact, anything that involves credit is a pain.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team