Moving to Scotland. What do I need to know?

Good day.

I am looking at relocating to Scotland from South Africa. I was born and raised in SA, and at 22 years old now, I am looking to relocate to Scotland.

I have visited Scotland in 2006, for a months holiday. So I have had the privilege of experiencing the country and its life.

I am also extremely lucky to have been granted a British Passport, due to my mother being a resident - born and schooled in St Andrews.
I am wondering if any of you could help me. what advice can you give me for relocating to Scotland? I haven't been paying taxes and don't have a bank account. However I do plan to sort this out ASAP, even if it means me flying over prior to moving.

On relocating, when I arrive in Scotland. will I be entitled to state housing, NHS and any other benefits or will I have to reside there for a while before I'm eligible? I have lots of family living there so accommodation for the first month or so will be sorted for me.

Also, I have a boyfriend that is wanting to relocate with me as well. He has an EEU passport (Dutch) how easy will it be for him to entre the country and find work?

Can we secure jobs before getting there or not? and how is the job market?

Thanks for your time and assistance, if you can give me any and all additional information I may need, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, all the way from sunny South Africa,
Lora Shaw*

Scotland is cold.
Any EU citizen can go to Scotland without a visa, and he should have no legal restrictions regarding work.
However, they have a terrible unemployment problem, so that may well restrict his chances.