Separation after newly acquired mvv

Hello I'm a single mom I have 7 year old son long story short the father left and he never even saw his son now he's in the netherland living with a residence permit he applied for us to get the mvv we got it went there now we're living with him it's been like 3 month but it's not working out what can I do??

If you want to stay in the Netherlands you have to live with your child's father. If not you have to go back to your country.

Good luck with this difficult decision.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear about your relationship issues.

If the reason(s) for you being granted MVV change, then you must notify IND so they can revue whether your visa is still valid and what you need to do to remain in the Netherlands (if that's what you want to do).  It may be that you have to leave.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello and thank you well yes I want to remain here for my son they already gave me 5 years residence

Hello and thank you.
Well yes I would like to remain here for my son it's better for him and they already gave me 5 years residence we got registered at the municipality me and my son now what can I do and if they sent us back they send me and my son or me alone

Hi again.

Your residence in the Netherlands is based on your relationship with your partner; if that changes, then your current residence permit can be rescinded.  If they send you back, it will be both you and your son that will be returned.

You need more help than this Forum can provide as none of us has gone through what you are currently involved in.

All I can suggest is you use the internet to look for what help there is for single mothers; I've had a quick look on Google and there are things there that may help you, but everything is in Dutch - so if your Dutch is not that good, you will need someone to help you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Okay thanks alot I would appreciate if you send for me the links please thank you

Hi again,

Probably easier if you do the same Google search I did:

Go to a Google page and type in "hulp voor alleenstaande moeders"; you'll get a whole lot of links; the only thing to watch out for is that some of them will be from Belgium (you'll spot them by the ".be" at the end of the page link.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Nasozouk wrote:

Hello I'm a single mom I have 7 year old son long story short the father left and he never even saw his son now he's in the netherland living with a residence permit he applied for us to get the mvv we got it went there now we're living with him it's been like 3 month but it's not working out what can I do??

Hello,

On one side of the scale you have "it's not working out".

There are at least four other facts that you should take into consideration.

One has already mentioned by Ramses K.

Your son who was lucky enough to meet his father after 7 years for the first time in his life, now as a curious little boy must have more fair chance to get to know his father.

What about you who suffered so long without your husband, struggled to raise a child by your own? Don't you think you deserve to have your family back?

Finally do you think if you ever have asked the question you have asked in this forum if he ever gave up on you two after three months?   

However it's easy to me to analyse when I'm not the person who has to deal with it but you can at least put those facts on the other side of the scale and see how it's look like. I wish you all three of you a good future!

Hello again, my desicion is made I want to go back it's too much can't stay here but now my only concern is my son they will send him back with me? What's the process what do I do?

Hi again.

You need to speak to a lawyer; anything you are told on here in this regard is at best an opinion, at worse misleading.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team