Birth certificate requirement

Dear All,
This is my first post to this forum. My doubt is about birth certificate requirement. I don't have my birth certificate and it was never registered formally. However I have other document s like passport, school certificate, citizen id card which clearly mention my birth certificate. My question is do we really need birth certificate for Netherland? Had anyone got local municipal clearance without both certificate ie based on above mentioned documents or some affidavits? Please share your experience if you have got local municipal clearance without birth certificate. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I've never heard of a substitute for a birth certificate; however, I understand that some regions of the world do not have such a system.  You gave 2 options, either contact your countries representative in the Netherlands and ask them if they are aware of any alternative or, you can't be the first Indian citizen to have moved to the Netherlands, contact the Gemeente where you intend to live and ask them what (if anything) they will accept as a substitute.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team