Registration

Hi,

What are the implications of not registering?

When I arrived I registered at the Expatcenter with a temporary address, which they said is valid for 3 months.

I have asked my landlady to give me documentation to register at my current address. She is reluctant to do so as she says she will be hit with a tax bill for the full calendar year, rather than just the period I have been paying rent for. Is this true?

I already have a BSN, bank account and medical insurance, so am wondering what do I do I need to register?

Are there any financial penalties I could incur or are there any problems down the line, should I wish to apply for a mortgage etc.

John

Hi John

My girlfriend has the same problem. As far is I understood it's only a problem if you're not from a schengen country (she's Canadien). I'm Swiss, for me it's ok.

For her, if she's not registered they could cancel the visa. I'm not sure if they would as she's on a one year visa anyway. It's quit annoying, as she has to be registered even while travelling in europe...It's even difficult to get a room with a registration, getting a registration without a room is even worse.

I think if you're from a schengen country, you just need the Sofie-Nr. and it's fine.

I don't think it's legal what your landlady does but there are many reasons that nobody wants to register us.

Oh, just saw that this post is old... Well, if anyone has advices or knows how to get a registration write it her (or in a private message to me)

@Traveler1984, you may also start a new thread on Amsterdam forum for better interactivity and visibility.;)

Harmonie.

Traveler1984 wrote:

Hi John

My girlfriend has the same problem. As far is I understood it's only a problem if you're not from a schengen country (she's Canadien). I'm Swiss, for me it's ok.

For her, if she's not registered they could cancel the visa. I'm not sure if they would as she's on a one year visa anyway. It's quit annoying, as she has to be registered even while travelling in europe...It's even difficult to get a room with a registration, getting a registration without a room is even worse.

I think if you're from a schengen country, you just need the Sofie-Nr. and it's fine.

I don't think it's legal what your landlady does but there are many reasons that nobody wants to register us.

hi traveler i got the same when we was moving her in netherland my husband is a europien and i'm filipino we was go to gemeente like cityhall for regestration my husband and my child they got it! but me no they say that i need to go to IND first for my immegration and after that i was regester

i will make it more clair wher moving her in Netherland  with my family my husband and child is europien and me filipino we was go to gemeente like cityhall for regestretion and we did not regester but they got BSN number my husband and child me no they said to me that we need to go to IND for Immegration first we got regesterd ther me and my family, my husband and child they got a stamp og ther passport residence permit with no validite but me i got a stamp valid for sixmonth but they said that i will get my card of residence permit, after 2week waiting i we got a letter that i get my BSN number and we are al regestered 4months after i get my residence permit card so
hope this could be help!!! you can't go ther without appointment
IND-Immigration and naturalisation its in s-hertogenbosch magistratenlaan 222 5223MA 's-hertogenbosch
open monday to friday 9:00 to 17:00
http://www.ind.nl/