Highly Skilled Migrant Salary

Hi guys,
I live currently in Morocco and I have a job offer from an employer which is recognized by IND, the gross salary that the employer proposed is lower than the requirement income (€ 4500 ), I informed him that to be able to apply for Highly Skilled Migrant for me, the salary should reach the minimum requirement, he contacted the Dutch authorities and  and they confirmed that in the Netherlands the min. salary for knowledge worker of my age (32 Years) is € 37.743 per Year.

The employer started the application process and I would like to know please if this can be reason of rejection or there an other was to get work permit with salary lower than required.

Ps : The job is in IT Field.

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry I missed your post.

According to the IND website the Salary Criteria for 2019 for a person 30 years or older is €4,500 gross per month, so €54,000 p/annum.  The list with the amounts in can be seen via this link.

However, if you check that link, you will see that there are many different salaries quoted for different types of workers, perhaps you fall into one of those lesser-known class of worker.  It could be that your job does not qualify as a skilled worker and they only have to pay you in excess of Dutch minimum wage; so, perhaps the salary being offered is just the going rate for your role.  To qualify as a skilled worker, you need to be in a role that nobody else in the Netherlands can do; you tell me you work in the IT field, that doesn't tell me much, but I know there are already a lot of IT people in the Netherlands.

Whatever, ordinarily, I would say that if the salary does not meet the minimum criteria that IND would reject the application; however, assuming your new employer is not an idiot, he/she would have checked the numbers with IND before wasting their money on a rejected application.  You should find out relatively quickly as skilled worker visas are normally turned around in 14 days; if it's not skilled worker, then it can take up to 90 days.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,
Thank you for your valuable and detailed feedback, much appreciated.

I was wondering: do these requirements apply to all highly skilled immigrants without exception, or can I, as the spouse of an EU citizen (my wife is Polish), immigrate in an easier way?

Hussar303 wrote:

I was wondering: do these requirements apply to all highly skilled immigrants without exception, or can I, as the spouse of an EU citizen (my wife is Polish), immigrate in an easier way?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

These highly skilled migrants visas are related to a job offer; so if you can get a job offer from a company that is registered with IND and you meet all the requirements, then yes, you can try applying; the full details are described on the IND website; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Okay, thanks for the lightning fast answer!