AXA phone number that someone actually answers

Does anyone have a number for AXA that is NOT 8000 1060?

We ring that number (which is listed for all the branches) and it is constantly busy.

Alternatively, does anyone know what happens if we sell our car and cancel our insurance. We have 8 months left on it and are hoping for a refund. Do we get one?

TIA

Try 17588222.

Yes, you should get a refund for the un-utilized portion of your insurance.  But it is a painful process - not straightforward or quick depending on provider.  I get my insurance through a broker so they handle all these things for me.  I have gotten refunds within a month in these cases.  Never tried going for it myself.

thanks for that. I'll give it a try when I'm back in the country this evening.

shame it's not quick. We'll be leaving the country shortly after selling the car  :unsure

nope... that number gives the same result. I've since been into two AXA branches and nobody in the offices cares that no one can get through on the phone to them.

Customer service is shocking. They even had a poster that said "A complaining customer is better than no customer" with their phone number underneath for complaints. I grabbed a pen and added a note to the poster that said no one ever answers this number.

For those that are interested, you can get a refund. It takes 10-12 working days. At that point, you get an SMS to come and pick up a cheque which you can cash at the bank.

To get the refund you need to fill in a cancellation form and need the following
- the new owner to have signed the cancellation form
- your insurance card
- your CPR
- a copy of the new owner's CPR
- a copy of the new owner's insurance card
- your maternal grandmother's birth certificate (optional)

PITA if you don't have the new owner with you so watch out that for that!

Maybe even a birth certificate of paternal grandmother :)