Finding a job.

Hello everyone,I would like to ask regarding my status currently working in Norway, but I'm planning to find a job that inline in my profession I graduated bachelor of science hotel and restaurant management in Philippines,I would like to know if I can work in hotel's or restaurant in Norway.

Thank you ,and have a good day Godbless.

Hi jcsalaspi,

Welcome to Expa.com :)

First of all, i would advise you to have a look at the Work in Norway articles, you may find some further information.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

The most common website that is used to search for jobs available is finn.no

Keep in mind that outsourcing is not common in Norway like other countries unless you have special qualifications that they need (example: engineers for oil or maritime companies but it's still a tough competition).

From what I have observed hotels and restaurants here hires local or foreigners living here already easily with or without degrees for certain positions like housekeeping, waiting, or in the reception. As mentioned they hire locals or foreigners that is already holding working permits.

Hi precilla thank you ,im here already in Norway I have working permit but I am planning to find a other job,but I doubt my educational attentment,could you give me some tips what I'm going to do ?

If you are already in Norway you can do a walk in application and hand out your CV to hotels/restaurant even if they don't have a posted job opening, I know many people who successfully got hired by doing this.

Thank you so much for entertaining and answering my questions ,may God bless you.