Procedure after arriving in Belgium

Hello all. We just arrived in Belgium 2 days ago and stay in Genk at the moment. I had few doubts and requesting help
1. How do I go about taking the mutuality. What is the procedure.? Is this not part of the tax I pay, or is this additional?
2.is this mutuality required before registering in commune for residence permit?

Hello,

You will find a lot of informations on this official website from flemish governement.
https://www.vlaanderen.be/en

Concerning mutuality: The affiliation is obligatory and enters the system of medical coverage for any person residing in Belgium. You must register as soon as you have received your national number which will be given to you at the commune. Then they will ask you if you want to increase the degree of medical coverage.

There is an automatic deduction on your income for this.

Hello phipiemar
Thanks for your reply.so I basically need a housing Contract to receive the Id card and after that we join the mutuality. Correct?

No, housing contract is just a proof of physical residential address. Beginning of process will be initiated by your employer and you. See with HR department.