Getting spouse visa takes how long?

Me and my husband went to Johor Bahru immigration recently to request for my social visa extension. We also asked how to get spouse visa but the immigration officer was very confusing.

I had read on blogs that I can only get spouse visa after 6 months of registering marriage but the immigration officer said I can get it after a month. Hmm

Thank you for responding :)

Please check with Facebook group Foreign Spouses Support Group Malaysia (FSSGMY). https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/

The immigration rules forms and processes are based on State rules do that's why you see differences. I thing Selangor is 6 month wait

Hi I actually messaged this group before and the admin told me I can apply already since I don't have work😅 the immigration officer said I need to wait for 6 months to get it which is quite long 🤔

Immigration officer was saying can choose to get after a month or need to wait 6 months 🤔🤔🤔

I was thinking of the endorsement to work. I think everyone has to wait for 6 months after registration of marriage. Did you read the various guides under their Notes section. Perhaps some people in JB have written on the website their experience