Permanent Resident app Criminal background check

I will soon be married here in Brasilia and will be applying for permanent resident status,
I understand this will require a criminal background check.
Can this be done somehow here through the FBI
?? Or is there a way to have it done while in Brazil ??
Thanks , Brian

Not certain if BR requires such anymore, but the PF did finger print me on the official size card. I then began process and overnight mail to the FBI office address on line.
Always nice to be prepared.
Check with PF, BR laws did change and FBI check may not be required,

Brazil Monkey wrote:

I will soon be married here in Brasilia and will be applying for permanent resident status,
I understand this will require a criminal background check.
Can this be done somehow here through the FBI
?? Or is there a way to have it done while in Brazil ??
Thanks , Brian

YES while in Brazil.... Get your fingerprints done at the Policia Federal through form FD258 downloaded through a packet kit with Accurate Biometrics.  Download the packet to have your FBI background check (2-day mailing service).

1. Select Option 1 on application form and provide an e-mail so that you can download the FBI response later and sent to Monument Visa for an apostille. Cost $50 and $70 for a super fast service. Monument Visa, $55. You can also pay $20 to the FBI direct but takes 4mos waiting time. Pay by credit card with the form included to expedite matters. Monument Visa will send the apostilled FBI background check direct to you by express mail (about 3 days) or by your mail forwarder. ..

robal