Help with Authorized Translation Arabic/Portuguese in Brasilia

Hello everyone here ...

Me and my wife married in Egypt , and i stamped all required papers from the Brazil embassy in Egypt .

while she now in Brasilia , and all been said about ( new district ) and all , she can not still find a dependable Authorized translator service ... she can only find someone online that said can give legal translation ( government accepts ) for a 200 $ per paper .

i am moving from Cairo,Egypt to Brasilia next June , and i have ALOT of certificates to translate , do you think there is a solution ? since the embassy in Egypt DONOT stamp any legal translations in my country - which cost ALOT less .

Thanks in advance .

Hi meeroeg,

You should be able to obtain a list of Arabic/Portuguese legal translators (tradutor juramentada) from the Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in Brasilia.

R$200 per page for documents sounds about what they generally charge. They are quite expensive because they have a captive market.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

wjwoodward wrote:

R$200 per page for documents sounds about what they generally charge. They are quite expensive because they have a captive market.

i am sorry if i sounded wrong , the price my wife found in Brasilia is 200 Dollars , not R$

thank you for taking time to reply me .

Well, I've never been to Brasilia, but that price for translations wouldn't surprise me.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team