Marriage in Brazil - Non-impedment certificant

Hi,

I am a British citizen getting married in Brazil (Brasilia) to a Brazilian woman. I need to get a 'non-impediment to marriage' certificate affirmed. Is this something that the British Embassy in Brasilia offers? Looking at their website it seems it is, although I am not certain as there is limited information on there and there is no way to contact the embassy directly (I have tried going there in person to clarify the situation but was refused access to speak to anyone). I wanted to be certain before I book, and pay for, the affirmation appointment at the Embassy.

Kind Regards
Benjamin

Is this like a divorce decree. Not sure of UK. I had to have certified divorce decree translated and legalized. Married at cartorio and they notarized an filed in BR.(you will need to have for CRNM)

Benjamin1983 wrote:

Hi,

I am a British citizen getting married in Brazil (Brasilia) to a Brazilian woman. I need to get a 'non-impediment to marriage' certificate affirmed. Is this something that the British Embassy in Brasilia offers? Looking at their website it seems it is, although I am not certain as there is limited information on there and there is no way to contact the embassy directly (I have tried going there in person to clarify the situation but was refused access to speak to anyone). I wanted to be certain before I book, and pay for, the affirmation appointment at the Embassy.

Kind Regards
Benjamin

Every embassy or consulate issues that certificate since countries demand the certificate that you´re
not married to someone else and that you´re eligible to enter into a marriage contract. If the British Consulate or Embassy doesn´t have proof due to lack of records, you can sign a sworn affidavit in front of the consul or his/her representative that you´re eligible to marry under the circumstances.

You should e-mail your embassy in Brasilia before making the appt....

robal