"Overage" dependent's exit-reentry visa expires abroad - extendedable?

I've read that it is possible to get an exit-reentry visa extension for a dependent who is outside Saudi Arabia provided thier Iqama is still valid. My question is...

1) Is it still possible for a dependent son who is 29 years old? Or will there be a lot of questions and hurdles?

2) If the answer to 1 is yes, then can the Iqama be renewed for said dependent while he is abroad?

Appreciate your input!

Anyone?! It's super urgent.

Can anyone at least say "where" I could get info on this?

Just saw it.

Being Saudi, there is no clear information anywhere but as far as I know, exit re-entry extension can be done.

Your sponsor needs to write a letter to the Saudi embassy in home country for extension of exit re-entry.  This needs to be attested by COC.  After this, you need to get Jawazat print of your family details and take all of this to MOFA to get it attested from them.  Then you apply from the home country.   

Also, theoretically, Iqama renewal of dependents is possible when they are outside the Kingdom.  This has no bearing on exit re-entry dates.  So if the re-entry is expired and the Iqama is expired, you are stuck.   You will have to do one before the other.   No one can say how the over-age element will factor into this but I would imagine, it would make it more difficult.

I would suggest to talk to your sponsor to help you with this as rules and regulations keep on changing and the process can become more complicated.  Personally, I would ask your son to come in for a few days and do all of this here - you will save yourself a lot of hassle.

Thanks Xtang, I was hoping someone here has been through it or knows someone who has. Extensive searches online yelids nothing in this regard.

The information in this fb link seems to be what i am looking for but i am having a very hard time understanding it with Google trans;ate.

This is outdated and dealing with extension of exit re-entry as applies to Egyptian consulate.

As I said, being Saudi, none of the procedures are very clear.  I have just listed what I know above.  You will have to use your sponsor to work with Jawazat on it.

In regards to the extention, from my understanding (based on online searches, the Jawazat and my sponsor), neither the sponsor nor the Jawazat have anything to do with the extension beyond providing data about the dependent and the dependent's sponsor (such as a Jawazat "print" and the sponsor providing a letter addressed to the embassy/consulate).

Is that accurate?

I already addressed that point in my previous reply above - please read carefully.

Your sponsor needs to write a letter to the Saudi embassy in home country for extension of exit re-entry.  This needs to be attested by COC.  After this, you need to get Jawazat print of your family details and take all of this to MOFA to get it attested from them.  Then you apply from the home country.   

Yes, you are correct, you did address it. And everyone seems to be saying what you are.

I was a little confused about your "outdated" comment in regards to the link. Could you elaborate which part of it is no longer valid? It seems to include the same info you provided.
What has changed?

Appreciate your input!

I am referring to the fact that things in the GCC change very quickly.  Whatever information is available on the internet or provided by me today - could very well not be valid because the government changed some rule or policy.  It happens without notice and very fast.  Secondly, the link is for Egyptian consulate and another consulate in another country may have a completely different process.

The ONLY way to know is to go THROUGH the process.  As I said before, ask your sponsor for assistance and go to Jawazat to also confirm the details.   Trust me, you will not find anything on the internet that is 100% confirmed and you will continue to lose time while you search.