Snail farming

Hello everybody .
   I am going to start a snail farm in Egypt "edible snails", but it is a new feild here and also there is no local market for snails. 
I need to know how can I sell it abroad, if anybody know an importer I can count on or has an advice about snail marketing please tell me .
   With many thanks . 😊

Hi good evening... I thought I should stop by to wish you good luck in your new business as I love snails cooked the Moroccan way especially in winter...

Thank you so much 🌹 
I hope we could be as good as your people in snail farming 😊

I'm sure you will be great insha Allah, we prefer to eat snails rather than raising them it's easier lol :D

Hahahaha okey, we will raise it for you 😁✌🏼

Abdu Alkholy wrote:

Hahahaha okey, we will raise it for you 😁✌🏼

That's really nice of you thanks!!!
Regarding your question about marketing, you can try Alibaba its a great website and easy to use, you create a free business account and if you get lucky and you start receiving inquiries,  you can upgrade your account to verified, which will make your customers trust you more. They also provide logistics services and you can close your deals through the website.
I didn't use my account for 1 year and a half but I still brows products to keep updated.

That's actually a vey good suggestion. I second that.

Thank you too much for your advice 😊I will try it  ✌🏼

You most welcome glad I could help...
If you need hep with the website plz let me know.
Can I know if you did a feasibility study?
Are you planing to sell only snails, did you think about using their slime for cosmetics it's trending now, also the eggs can be used as caviar.  :/

we have alot of snail here in our place

Well, till now I am doing the study useing another studies from other countries and the most difficult part as I said is the marketing .
About what I am planning to sell, basically I will start with selling live snails & their caviar, but if the market needs more then welcome 😁
And I will ask you if I need any help of course, I should exploit that 😁
Thank you again 😊

For the market I'm convinced that Alibaba is the best place to start from and by the way I took time to search for snail their and for my surprise it was full of snail products live cooked/frozen and canned, caviar and snail slime all you can imagine just name it!  :top:
I also got for you this website named Espaceagro it's full of snail producers and a lot of them are searching for partners just in-case.
Ps: in European countries a snail takes about 6 months to be mature in Morocco 3 to 4 months, half time double production, I think in Egypt will be the same as the climate is almost same.  :D

Yes, I searched on Alibaba and seems it will be an easy way In sha Allah .
And you are right about the climate thing, specially during the spring . ✌🏼
I am soo thankful for your concern 🤗 and I will keep you posted till our snails reaches you 😁

You are most welcome any time... can't wait to hear the updates and hopefully soon insha Allah.

Hey there,

My modest input to the discussion is that some of the biggest markets for snails and related products are Italy and France. It will be good to focus yoyr marketing efforts on these two countries.

https://etimes.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/images-6-1.jpeg

In addition, you can consider making your snail farm in the EU, which will be of a great help when targeting the EU market. Moreover it is possible to apply for EU financing for constructing a snail farm, which will be of a great help.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOE14EtBrN1OWVF-YlKDLkrMvc-TXqJ8sTAZ4SdZJ5R_QMbKrt

I live in Bulgaria and such an opportunity here is provided by the Rural Development Programme. Combined with the low tax levels - 10 % corporate tax and 5 % divident tax this is really a great opportunity.

https://www.ruraldevelopmentleader.scot/Common/Images/logo_eafrd.jpg

Hope this helps,

Kristiann

I remember eating snail in France with butter and cooked in white wine (Escargot de bourgogne) not bad at all!

Thanks for your infomation do you know the requirements for belgium family reunion visa I m planning to move to belgium next week to start preparing to sort out my wife paper work but I don't no how many months do I need to work there before I apply for my wife.

Is that cucumber? This is so cute. Lolol

I will check that, thank you so much for your advice 🤗
But I am in Egypt, I think it will be difficult about the EU finance !

Yes! Snails eats cucumber,cabbage, turnip leaves, the leaves of carrots and radish and so many other plants . 😁

Re: "But I am in Egypt, I think it will be difficult about the EU finance !"

Actually, if you establish a company in an EU country, e.g. Bulgaria, this company will be eligible for EU financing regardless of the origin of its owner.

Abdu Alkholy wrote:

Yes! Snails eats cucumber,cabbage, turnip leaves, the leaves of carrots and radish and so many other plants . 😁

Forget about that edible snails farm, take pictures of snails biting on leaves and share'em instead. : D

Shafiqs19 wrote:

Thanks for your infomation do you know the requirements for belgium family reunion visa I m planning to move to belgium next week to start preparing to sort out my wife paper work but I don't no how many months do I need to work there before I apply for my wife.

The process can be long. Where are you moving from?

Mmmm ok, It is may be difficult but I will consider the Idea .
Too many thanks again 😀🤗

Hahahaha can't I talk those picture in the edible snail farm ? 😁😂

Absolutely not. Too cute to be fast food. T-T

I m moving from United Kingdom because my wife she can't pass the A1 ielts test so I want to bring my wife to belgium from Afghanistan.

Shafiqs19 wrote:

I m moving from United Kingdom because my wife she can't pass the A1 ielts test so I want to bring my wife to belgium from Afghanistan.

Check this out.
https://www.expatica.com/be/moving/visa … nificationhttp://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/service … tes_abroad

Hahahaha too cute but too delicious also 😁
The snail in the photo is an African large snail which is eaten in nigeria 🤒

Meet other expats and join the events

OR