Doing business in Istanbul?

Hi
I am Mansoor from Pakistan.
I am thinking about moving to Istanbul with family and do some small business like a Cafe , a restaurant or a pizzeria.

Is it feasible to do it ? Are there good opportunities for foreigners to do business there ?

Thank you everyone

Hello Rajamansoor,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Please do have a look at the article Setting up a business in Turkey to find some useful information for your business idea.

Feel free to let us know in the future whether you have been able to take some steps in setting up your business.

Good luck  :)

Diksha
Expat.com Team

Ok thanks

Walikum as salam
Of course there are opportunities in Turkey. I am also on the same track and looking for a partner for this adventure to start business in Turkey.  You can message me in private.
Regards
Javaid

Starting an ethnic cafe or restaurant, needless to say, you will have an advantage over the regulars, but it is a tough, tough business. Look at TripAdvisor and the 28-30 Pakistani/Indian restaurants and you will find they are STRUGGLING. I happened to visit about 8 of them and the economic situation does not look good. High-traffic areas have expensive rents and with COLA adjustments, you will be revising your prices quite often, competing in a highly competitive market.

Not that it cannot be done, just get over the initial idea excitement, look around, spend a couple of week,s, doing your research, etc. and then determine if it is indeed worth going into.

Research implies spending about 100-200 hours gathering all the necessary information from the street, suppliers, competition and government on the cost of doing business here.

Thank you Faisal Khan
Very useful information

If you need specific kind of data or info you may contact me