Moving to Turkey for the first time and how to get a job ?

Hi , how r you all ? :)

i'm so glad to be here with you , and i really need your advices about moving to turkey .

i'm from Egypt , my native language is Arabic and i'm speaking a fluent English as well , so i need to know if i could find a job requires arabic or english speakers until i learn how to speak turkish ? .

i'm ready to have any job as a start , i just wanna make my lifetime dream of moving to Turkey comes true , and get rid of the horrible conditions in Egypt these days as well .

thank you so much in advance for your help , i really appreciate it :)

The best recommendation for you is to move anywhere else not turkey. This is not a joke. Turkey is not like as it looks form outside. it is a nice country to be a tourist in but not to live and work. Honestly, ı can recommend you to go and settle anywhere else. but definetely not turkey. turkey is simalar to Egypt. I can say a bit less stupid people, less stupid politics and life style. So, no need to waste youre time in turkey. Please try another country to settle in.

birdwatcher , thank you so much for your reply , it's really surprising me to hear this about Turkey but thank u anyway for your help :)

Birdwatcher you are very correct and also the money is a big change because you not able get much here living and transport no good and about the people and search for work oh that another story.

Milli  thank you so much , it's really surprising me to know this , but i don't think life there is gonna be worse than Egypt these days anyway ! , u've lived in the middle east and i guess you know what i mean !!

Selam Ahmed,

I thought I'd start the pro-turkey campaign, you are getting all the negative comments at the moment :)

For starters all politicians around the world are the same, they just hide it better in the West. I understand things are tough in Egypt at the moment and you're exploring the option of a better life in Turkey, good luck my friend.

In Turkey as a foreigner I find some laws and rules to be strange and a bit weird but this isn't the country I grew up in. Yes there are nice people and idiots here but aren't there nice people and idiots everywhere?

With regards to money, yes the money and hours are longer here then in the rest of Europe but this is Turkey not the European Union. I am now working more hours and earning less money than in the UK but I live in a nice 3 bedroom apartment, I own a car and have that freedom and are able to save a little money each month. My wife doesn't work so we only have 1 income and we live comfortably. I love Istanbul and Turkey, ok maybe the things could be better in some areas but you can say that about most places.

Best thing to do is to visit and see for yourself, everybody likes different things....

Job wise, I do not know the legal requirements for Egyptian citizens, checkout the Turkish Embassy in Egypt that will tell you. You will probably need a residence permit and work permit which are not hard to get but it does take awhile.

djoh270687 Thank you so much , i really appreciate your help , it feels so good to finally hear something good about  Turkey here , i know it's not gonna be easy to go there and start a life , but you have no idea about how ready i am to do what ever it takes to getout of here ! , because i believe that things are not gonna be worse than what we have now in Egypt .

I came to Turkey on a tourist visa (90 days) and applied for residency visa whilst in Turkey. My circumstances are a little different though, my wife is Turkish so I automatic qualified for residency. Should you decide to come to Turkey you need to prove you have enough money to support yourself along with some other stuff. I can't remember at the moment but I can get you a list if you want to know.

I have just been surfing the web and for you to get a Turkish Tourist visa you need to apply at the consulate general in Cairo (fee approximately 385E£). I guess the residence visa would be from the same place.

djoh270687  Thank you so much i really appreciate your help , i'll be in the Turkish embassy in Egypt tomorrow morning to ask about everything , i just don't wanna any surprises when i get to Turkey so i'll need your help once again please ! i just need to know what else do i need beside the money to prove myself as u said in Turkey please ?

Turkey classes citizens from different nations in different categories. I am not sure what class Egyptian is in but if we say its the same as mine (British).

4 passport photos
valid passport
bank statements (not sure if they need translation into Turkish, I never did this part) you need approximately 300USD (500USD category B) for every month you plan on staying. Your first residence permit is always for 1 year, so whether that means you need 3,600USD I do not know.
Proof of an address, whether that is a hotel or a house you are renting.

I am sure you will get all the information you need tomorrow. Good luck!'

Too much negative feedback here  :dumbom:
my friend, I am living here for 14 months and believe me my Turkish is not enough to order a meal  :shy
Ok I am facing some problems about this, but it is not the end of the world
now about the wages here, its just like any other country very low, low, normal, high, and luxury  :cool:
If you apply at right places where you can use this advantage (english&araibc) you will get the high salary here  :one
look for companies/factories that do business in MENA & Middle east, this can give you an advantage
I don't know your qualifications and skills, but I assume you graduated from university  :up:

Just make a good research on the internet and plan your steps in details, house, residence visa, work permit etc...
read and read, once you get the correct info things will look easier.
No golden spoon in Turkey  :sleep

good luck

lavoz  Thanks man for your precious advices , i think i'm gonna do exactly as you said :) thanks again

djoh270687  thank you so much , i can tell you that we aren't absolutely in the same citizens class ! :D , thank you again anyway for your effort :)

you welcome  :top:

you are right

How are you. Firstly dont afraid of coming Turkey. Sure conditions are better than Egypt you know in Egypt some unbalanced political situation which causes economic crisis.
Come here ok...

ayberkgökbayrak thank you so much advice man :) , i really appreciate that :)

Lavoz touched to a good point.
If you will just step on Turkey and start to look for a job without a plan, sure you'll have trouble. But it becomes so popular to make business with MENA region in Turkey. Arabic is highly needed. But the problem is people speaking arabic in Turkey mostly doesn't know English and it is also needed in paralled.

Summary, since you have Arabic and English together you have good change to take a position. Matter is do not come and start seeking. Find the job first after step with their assistance. Where to start?

Those are the most popular job search portals in Turkey which O offer for people to start.
http://www.kariyer.nethttp://www.insankaynaklari.comhttp://www.secretcv.comhttp://www.yenibir.comhttp://www.tekadres.comhttp://www.recruitmenturkey.comhttp://www.manpower.com.tr

Use a translation service etc to seek for jobs in import & export companies.

Best regards

Hi, please i don't know if the country turkey has any job offer for nigerians that will soon be in turkey? please its damn urgent.

inovasyon thank u so much man i appreciate ur help and i think ur absolutely right :) , i'll try to find my job online from here first !

U welcome Ahmed
And mr Uzeey I didn't understand your question. What makes Nigerians different to offer or not to offer? Already tons of foreigners working in Turkey.

Most African countries can only get a 30 day visa from Turkey before they arrive. Whether it's harder for you to get residence/work permits because of this I don't know.

I know 4 African people currently living in Istanbul. 2 from Cameroon, 1 from Ghana and 1 from Ivory Coast. They have all the permits and everything but they are on student visas attending universities.

Have you been the Turkish consulate in Nigeria?

Can one do more than one job in instanbul? and please how good is the five star hotel job in turkey?

I will be straight with you because I have seen you asking for a Turkish visa on a few posts now and you don't seem to be getting any answers.

For you to come here and work legally, you need a residence visa and a work permit. If you have enough cash in the bank and you can prove you have enough money to support yourself ($500USD a month) then you have a chance. If not then you're really going to struggle. The requirements for Africans to get tourist visas is harder than most, so I would expect residency would be harder too.

If you manage to get your residence visa through you then need a work permit but if you're coming to Turkey to work in a hotel your not going to find a job. They can hire a Turkish national who speaks Turkish/English and he doesn't need a work permit. You probably don't speak Turkish, you're asking a potential employer to pay for your work visa and then wait 3/4 weeks. It's easier for them to hire someone locally.

For us expats to be successful in Turkey, we need to have skills that companies can't find locally and also so many people come here and don't speak Turkish. If you can learn some Turkish before you come it will help you so much.

If I can help you more don't hesitate to ask.

Hi..

I am from Karachi,  Pakistan.  I am planning to move to Turkey and wanna settle down there. By profession I am an accountant / Internal Auditor having 16 years of working experience in Pakistan.

Can you guys please let me know that what are the job opportunities for English speaking Accountants.

I will be grateful if my queries can be answered in detail.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Taimoor Aslam

Will you be self employed (freelance) or working for 1 particular company?

I have seen requests for English speaking accounts in Istanbul....but not many. Mainly from expats who can't speak Turkish.

Thanks a lot for replying.  I am ready to do for one compqny as well as ready for freelance as well. I already have experience of 1 year working in London,  United Kingdom back in 2001.

Ok. If I learn Turkish language would I be able yo get a goor job ?

Thanks for your concern.

Learning Turkish would help you get more local customers or make you more employable to an a potential employer.

Turkish companies tend to be family run businesses unlike in the UK. You maybe able to find a job with an International (English Speaking) Multi National company with that much experience, but in my experience those jobs are hard to find unless you know somebody already working there.

Hi

I have been visiting Turkey, mainly Istanbul for a long time, I came over in May 2015 for a work trial with a Travel Company, the salary was very low but the place where I was living was in Sirinevler (sorry I do not have my Turkish keyboard, but it was not the best place for a woman on her own, my Turkish is good but I am no way fluent, the Turkish people were so lovely and kind to me and I have never been in a bad situation with anyone.

The salary that the owner was offering me was very little so I returned to the UK, but I would still like to work in Istanbul as I love the city, I found the Asian side not as busy as the Avrupa side.  Can anyone tell me if the salary is good for teaching English? in addition what other companies employ english people.

I have been an assessor in a college and I have looked into to completing a TEFL course but I do not have a degree, is this necessary to be able to teach and where would be the best place to contact.  When I was in Kadikoy I saw the English Time banners everywhere but could not find the location.

I would appreciate any comments, thank you for your time in reading this.

Angela

Hi Angelina,

From some of the English teachers that I know, the pay scales vary in Istanbul. Some are very happy, and some are not very happy with what they are earning here.

Being a native English speaker helps. You will need a certification.

I was recently having a similar discussion with some of native English teachers I know here. It would be est if you apply in established schools. At this time in year, most schools are done with hiring.  So perhaps later in the year, it would be good to start searching again,

Also, steer clear of most of the small scale institutes. Most of them tend to hire teachers on temp basis and get rid of them upon completion of one or two levels without often compensations. Keep this thing in mind very clearly.

Hope it helps somewhat.

Good luck

Angelinamay wrote:

Hi

I have been visiting Turkey, mainly Istanbul for a long time, I came over in May 2015 for a work trial with a Travel Company, the salary was very low but the place where I was living was in Sirinevler (sorry I do not have my Turkish keyboard, but it was not the best place for a woman on her own, my Turkish is good but I am no way fluent, the Turkish people were so lovely and kind to me and I have never been in a bad situation with anyone.

The salary that the owner was offering me was very little so I returned to the UK, but I would still like to work in Istanbul as I love the city, I found the Asian side not as busy as the Avrupa side.  Can anyone tell me if the salary is good for teaching English? in addition what other companies employ english people.

I have been an assessor in a college and I have looked into to completing a TEFL course but I do not have a degree, is this necessary to be able to teach and where would be the best place to contact.  When I was in Kadikoy I saw the English Time banners everywhere but could not find the location.

I would appreciate any comments, thank you for your time in reading this.

Angela

Thank you very much for your reply the information is very useful :)

regards,
Angela

Hi
I know a very good Turkish tutor he lives in Ankara and he teaches me, I have a lesson every week to keep up my language skills, but I have the lesson on skype, he is very reasonable and a very good teacher.

Let me know if you want his details

regards
Angela

Glad you found it helpful.

Angelinamay wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply the information is very useful :)

regards,
Angela

Thank you Angelina.
I have a couple of regular classes. Not sure if I would be taking an online course.
Though you can post the tutors details in the business directory section so that concerned people can get in touch.
Good luck

Angelinamay wrote:

Hi
I know a very good Turkish tutor he lives in Ankara and he teaches me, I have a lesson every week to keep up my language skills, but I have the lesson on skype, he is very reasonable and a very good teacher.

Let me know if you want his details

regards
Angela

Could you please explain you're answers or I should say you're description to such a beautiful country?

Well, every country has got its own ups and down. Should never judge or discriminate a country.

Turkey might be facing problem from a while now but it does always manage to get out of it leaving people amazed with their come back!

Pakistan has good political relations with turkey and it is a country which deserves all love and respect.

I am not really aware of what goes within turkey but I can surely say the way it manages its people is IMPRESSING.

Thanks

http://turkishresidencepermit.com/wp-content/uploads/turkey-residence-permit-compare-eu-europe-immigration-cost-fee-.gif

I don't know your qualifications and skills, but I assume you graduated from university  :up:

You're mixing apples with oranges here. Possessing a university degree, is not an indicator (anymore) that a person also possesses job appropriate qualifications, trade skills or even a "real-life" applicable education, for that matter of fact.

Employers, world-wide (anymore) will respond to your application (at interview) with ~ "Ok, so you have a degree! Now, what else do you bring to the table, in terms of any tangible "productivity" skills, to make you more qualified, than the 1,000 other Baccalaureate  university degree (the new style of High_School Diploma) holder applicants to this job vacancy?" Hmm?

Welcome to the real world of things, :whistle:

I am looking to move to istanbul end of this year/beginning of next for around a year maybe.

I have over 25 years experience in office/computer work.

I have a degree in Applied Computing.

I suffer from Fibromyalgia so I would be looking at working from home (using phone/computer) and packing//selling jobs from home or part time in an office.

As of yet do not speak Turkish, only English (my native language) - Would anyone know whether there are a number of companies which employ english speaking people only and whether or not there are many work from home jobs.

Thank you

magic140 wrote:

I am looking to move to istanbul end of this year/beginning of next for around a year maybe.

I have over 25 years experience in office/computer work.

I have a degree in Applied Computing.

I suffer from Fibromyalgia so I would be looking at working from home (using phone/computer) and packing//selling jobs from home or part time in an office.

As of yet do not speak Turkish, only English (my native language) - Would anyone know whether there are a number of companies which employ english speaking people only and whether or not there are many work from home jobs.

Thank you

Greetings, All things considered, have  you actually done your own, thorough "due diligence" research of the facts? I'm hedging a bet that you haven't. However,  if your answer is yes, then average reasoning & wisdom dictates that I ask you another question. WHY?   :cool:

Waw you are so helpful :)