Resident Permit for staying with a family member who is an EU National

Greetings,

For people who have applied for Verification Against EU Law and were granted a temporary resident permit (5 years), could they work or enroll in university with this resident permit or do they have to apply for a new resident permit (type 1). I looked everywhere for this info but all I could find were cases when people get divorced or no longer live with this EU National then they have to change their resident permit. I would also like to know what are the things you can do and not do with a resident permit granted for the purpose of staying with a family member who is an EU National, if anyone has an idea or knows where I can find this information.
Thank you very much for your help and I wish you all a nice day.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

What relation is the non-EU citizen to the EU citizen?  I'm puzzled by the question because if the person has a 5-year residence permit and has registered with the Gemeente (so has a BSN number), then they can work.  University visas are different and you are limited to how many hours you can work.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Living with a spouse that is of an EU nationality. Can you enroll in Univerity with this type of residence permit or do you have to change your resident permit to a resident permit type 1 destined for studies? I am sorry maybe I didn't express my question clearly.

Hi again,

I'm assuming you're talking about yourself (a Moroccan citizen) and you are married to an EU national, both currently legally resident in the Netherlands and you are currently holding a 5-year, non-permanent Dutch residence permit.  Yes, you can enrol in University while on a resident visa.  Study visas are granted to people who need them to enter Holland to study, you're already in the country.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yes, that is my case. I want to enrol in University to have my second masters degree and was wondering if I could do it with the same resident permit.
Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice sunday evening :)

Hi again,

Then, in that case, this link will help you further.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team