BSN registration and Residence Permit linkage

Dear All

My spouse recently moved to the Netherlands on a dependent visa. We started the formality of BSN registration and getting the residence permit card.

At the Gemeente, the BSN registration could not be completed as we are yet to receive the residence permit. All the other documents were accepted (rental docs, marriage cert, owner declaration). The person at the desk informed my spouse that the MVV stamp in the Passport and the IND Letter were not sufficient.

Also she was informed that if the biometrics were submitted for residence permit, then the receipt from that event could be used to create the BSN. But after the biometrics were collected at the IND office in NL, no receipt was provided.   

Other people that have gone through this process do not recollect such a linkage. Have we misheard? 

Or should we really wait until the residence permit is received?
Late response but in case anyone has a similar situation...

Generally the letter from the IND stating that you have a pending application is all the gemeente needs however, you never know who you're going to have to deal with and everyone at the gemeente is on the same page where regulations are concerned so it's a bit like spinning the wheel of fortune every time you visit.

There is a document you can request from the gemeente that you can take to any IND locket (walk-ins are fine for this) and the IND will stamp it to authenticate that you are indeed in the process of application and eligible for registration. However, given how long it's taking to book appointments right now, this might not be the best option.
@CarinCan Hi Carin.

Were you able to book at appointment online? I have been holding on for an agent for about 15 minutes! When is your appointment?

Regards, Lee Anne
@CarinCan

Thank you very much for your reply. It indeed sounds circuitous, like you stated.

BTW my spouse has submitted the biometrics at IND and we are waiting for the residence permit letter. It has been 3 weeks already - no sign of a communication (yet)!!
We were able to finally register at the Gemeente for the BSN with just the MVV sticker!! The BSN should be received in a couple of weeks, according to the clerk!

Although my spouse has still not received the residence permit card letter from the IND. It has been over a month since the biometrics were submitted. Does it take this long at this time of the year?
HI, I am also trying to migrate here from The Dubai. Was under the impression you need Birth certificate to get the BSN. Does this mean noe thats not needed and only with MVV sticker you can get the BSN?
Your input will be highly appreciated..
You will need the MVV sticker/residence permit AND your birth certificate (legalised or apostille).

@RParty I have seen your post from the MVV experience thread and seen how you are anxious about the result. And follow to see you finally made it, so happy for you. I am also in my waiting period, the first month for my visa

@RParty Hi, did your partner eventually receive the permit card, and how long did it take?

@rmitra1504 it's not mandatory to get your BSN and work permit. Only when you have to register your spouse then it's needed. If you don't have it ,you can also manage with court affidavit

Regards

Rukmini