Marriage between a Dutch National and a Filipino

Hi everyone! My fiancé and i have been looking around the Internet about marriage between a dutch and a filipino: directions, advices, recommendations from other dutch-filipino couples out there. However, we got nothing. So here i am, pushing my luck that maybe a dutch-filipino couple would see this here and help us with what we need to do in order to get started with finally closing the gap of ldr. With that, listed below are some questions i have been dying to find the answers from dutch-filipino couples who actually went through the process of marriage.

1. What requirements does the dutch partner need to gather? If required, where can he have his documents translated and/or notarized? Please send suggestions.

2. If we're going to get married in the Philippines, do i still have to send my papers to him (complete with red ribbon from the DFA)?

3. Is it easier to get married in the Netherlands than in the Philippines? What requirements do i need?

Please help! 😢😭

On my experienced it is easier and cheaper to get married in the Philippines.  It was a good wedding  and we hired a professional wedding planner.

My mvv application was approved only in 3 weeks. .now I'm in NL

Hi miss Krissah, if i may, what specific documents did you and your hubby needed to apply for your marriage application? With your hubby's requirements, did he have to get it translated and notarized? Where did he get them translated and notarized? We tried applying for it but the gementee made us go in circles and I can't find answers on the proper process of marriage.

Krissah wrote:

On my experienced it is easier and cheaper to get married in the Philippines.  It was a good wedding  and we hired a professional wedding planner.

My mvv application was approved only in 3 weeks. .now I'm in NL

Hi miss Krissah, if i may, what specific documents did you and your hubby needed to apply for your marriage application? With your hubby's requirements, did he have to get it translated and notarized? Where did he get them translated and notarized? We tried applying for it but the gementee made us go in circles and I can't find answers on the proper process of marriage.

For my docs

1. Birth Certificate
2. CENOMAR
3. Foreigner applicant must secure CENOMAR
4. 18-25 yrs old must get parents concent
5. Legal capacity to contract marriage at the Dutch Embassy Manila

Birth and cenomar should be in red ribbon before going to embassy.

My hubby's docs including birth certificate, not married certificate. .

He emailed the embassy for inquiry and appointment. His docs were not in red ribbon and not translated.

If you have more questions feel free to ask

Krissah wrote:

For my docs

1. Birth Certificate
2. CENOMAR
3. Foreigner applicant must secure CENOMAR
4. 18-25 yrs old must get parents concent
5. Legal capacity to contract marriage at the Dutch Embassy Manila

Birth and cenomar should be in red ribbon before going to embassy.

My hubby's docs including birth certificate, not married certificate. .

He emailed the embassy for inquiry and appointment. His docs were not in red ribbon and not translated.

If you have more questions feel free to ask

Will do! Thank you so much Ms Krissah! God bless

ms. krissah,

is the process difficult? any advise on how to get the mvv visa?

Start with a1 exam and gather the docs the IND required.

My mvv was approved in 3 weeks so i can't say it was difficult. 😊

Hello
i am new here and also planning of going to the netherland to be with my boyfriend and see if how everything goes with the 2 of us together.
i have some question in mind that i am dying to know the answers as
hope that you could help me or give me some advice base on your experience
1, where can i apply for basic interrogation exam in manila and how i can apply or register for it?
i have called the embassy today and ask the operator regarding some information regarding on how to get the exam or how to register for the exame she just told me to send them and email for my question and it will be answer after 5 days

2,Is it possible to register for the exam this month  and you will echedule the exam on march next year after i visit Netherlands?

PLEASE HOPE YOU COULD HELP ME
THANK YOU

I don't know the  second question. Maybe somebody here can help.

is it better to get married here first?

I can't say which is better to marry here or in our country. .in my case i did not regret marrying there because i have big family and lots of friends and sure they cannot afford to come and attend my wedding if it was here.

It is lot cheaper there . My husband can do more with his money there than here. And the professional wedding planner was a big help in an affordable cost.  :)

If i will pass all the exams and have all the documents needed,  is there any other problems that we might encounter?

Hi! Based on experience it's easier to get married in Holland. The paper requirements are not as bulky as here in the Philippines. I only needed to submit a newly processed birth certificate, cenomar and a photocopy of my passport along with the copies of my witnesses passports to the city hall. All the best on your nuptials!

For us , we married on proxy in the Netherlands while my wife was in Philippines. It cost allway's  nothing for me. And then I go to Illigan and have a big party with her friends and family . So when we go back to my town she was my wife , no need for extra papers . That was 34 yrs ago . Until now , still married !! @

antzan wrote:

For us , we married on proxy in the Netherlands while my wife was in Philippines. It cost allway's  nothing for me. And then I go to Illigan and have a big party with her friends and family . So when we go back to my town she was my wife , no need for extra papers . That was 34 yrs ago . Until now , still married !! @

That was marrying with the " handschoen" as it was more common in those days.
I think it's not possible anymore and a lot changed since then.

Primadonna wrote:
antzan wrote:

That was marrying with the " handschoen" as it was more common in those days.
I think it's not possible anymore and a lot changed since then.

I'd never heard of it, so just got Mrs C to check for me.  It is still possible, but you need permission from the Dutch Government first; the history of the process is really interesting though; it was aimed at high-ranking/royals who were having a marriage of convenience (for political reasons), but the 2 parties were living far apart and the risks of travelling were too great or just dangerous.  Something else to add to my reading list for next summer.

Hi! I'm planning to move in Netherland soon but of course before that I know I need to pass the exam for Basisexamen inburgering. Is the exam hard? I'm doing self study only because I'm working here in Abu Dhabi, can somebody advise me where should I start or what I should start to study to pass the exam. Thank you in advance

Hi! I would highly recommend getting a copy of the Naar Nederland study kit. It'll help you a lot in terms of pronunciation and getting familiar with the Dutch vocobulary. You can also check out the practice exams via naarnederland.nl. All the best on your Dutch Basic Exam :)

Thank you.

@GuestPoster0384

It's pretty difficult. You should know at least 2000 Dutch words and know about Dutch customs and history. There is a free course you can obtain from the Dutch embassy and they have exams every few months in Manila.

My Filipina girlfriend is preparing for the exam as we plan to marry soon. We chat every day speaking Dutch.

Good luck!

@GuestPoster0384
It's pretty difficult. You should know at least 2000 Dutch words and know about Dutch customs and history. There is a free course you can obtain from the Dutch embassy and they have exams every few months in Manila.

My Filipina girlfriend is preparing for the exam as we plan to marry soon. We chat every day speaking Dutch.

Good luck!
-@yawgie

You are posting on a 5 year old post and @GuestPoster0384 is no longer a member of the website. But we thank you for your input.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Hi everyone! I know this is an old post but I hope someone can help me. my fiancé is a Dutch citizen I'm a Filipina. he's been loving here in the PH for 8 yrs now. can he get his legal capacity to marry in NL embassy manila or he has to go back to NL personally. please help

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You will not be able to marry in any Dutch Embassy overseas, you will have to go through the local procedure for getting married in the Philipines, or return to the Netherlands and marry there.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic we are planning to her married here in the philippines. but the document pf the legal capacity to marry is the one we are having a problem to get. can't he just request and get that from the dutch embassy here on the philippines?

@Cynic we are planning to her married here in the philippines. but the document pf the legal capacity to marry is the one we are having a problem to get. can't he just request and get that from the dutch embassy here on the philippines?

-@toniperlas15

This link may help you.