School & Work

Hi Everyone, l'm going to school sponsored by BAMF. I also get Social geld by Jobcenter. My question is, lf I start a job at my free time (still going to school), will BAMF or JobCenter ask me to pay for my School fees?  Any reply or idea will be appreciated. Thanks

There are no school fees in normal, public schools.
But you have to declare all side income to the Jobcenter and there will be some deductions from your Sozialgeld.

beppi wrote:

But you have to declare al side income to the Jobcenter and there will be some deductions from your Sozialgeld.

He could also mean University?

SimCityAT wrote:
beppi wrote:

But you have to declare al side income to the Jobcenter and there will be some deductions from your Sozialgeld.

If he received any discount or subsidy based on the fact that he has no own income, this would of course have to be re-calculated (and adjusted or withdrawn) if he now earns something.

SimCityAT wrote:
beppi wrote:

German public Universities are now tuition free anyway. I would likely suspect he is going to Volkshochschule or something similar. Refugees for example are provided with free German language and integration courses. I suspect if one has an income then it might no longer be free and of course any social assistance might be lowered. But I imagine it will all depend on the level of income. Having a 450 Euro/month mini-job for example might have no consequences but a well-paying one most likely would. Since the poster has to deal with BAMF anyway he should simply ask them! Otherwise advice givers here can merely speculate especially not knowing the posters exact status and possible income.

Thanks