Germany job seeker visa while having a full time job in India?

Hi!

Can I apply for a job seeker visa while having a full time job in India?

Thanks,

Sonal
Of course you can. Once the German job seeker visa (JSV) is issued, you can resign (or take long-term leave) and travel to Germany to do your job search.
In case you meant "Can I hold a JSV while having a full time job in India?", the answer is "Yes, but that is entirely pointless - no German visa is needed while you are in India."
If you meant: can I go to Germany on a Jobseeker visa while working for my Indian employer remotely, then no, that`s not legally possible.
Can I apply for a job seeker visa while having a full time job .im from Ethiopia.

@ALKB why is it legally no possible? Its not illegal to look for a job while working.

@ALKB why is it legally no possible? Its not illegal to look for a job while working.

- @zinkgforsangs

But it`s illegal to perform work - even remotely - while physically present in Germany when one has no work authorisation. A jobseeker visa does not allow any kind of work, just searching for a qualified job while being in Germany for up to six months.

That`s why it`s relatively hard  to get a jobseeker visa and one has to show financial resources that are sufficient for covering the applicant`s living expenses without the need to work for the duration of the visa.

@ALKB if suppose a person can work remotely, will the German govt perform any investigation?

@ALKB if suppose a person can work remotely, will the German govt perform any investigation?

- @zinkgforsangs

They may or may not, depending on whether they suspect anything.

In any case, it is not legal.

- @zinkgforsangs

You can of course work remotely - either from within Germany (then you need a German work permit) or abroad (then you need a work permit from the country you are staying in).

In both cases, the respective authorites can and do check. Furthermore the tax implications of both can be complex, so you'd need an international tax consultant (they are rare!).

Everything else, especially doing things "under the radar" or dodging your tax obligations, is a criminal act and can get you into trouble. Illegal topics are not allowed to be discussed on this forum, so please stop it here!