Canadian, American, Non EU Citizen Ausbildung

Hi Everyone!

I am interested in going to Germany to be a nurse. I am currently working on my C1 level for German. I was wondering if anyone on here from Canada, USA, or anywhere else who is not in Europe has successfully been able to get an Ausbildung or get accepted into vocational schools. I am looking for people who are over 25 in particular, who have to apply from our home countries. Of course if you are under 25 feel free to chime in because I love hearing success stories. Has anyone here over 25 had success in getting an Ausbildung? What kind of Ausbildung were you successful in getting? Did you have to fly to Germany for interviews? What was your experience like? I am mainly just worried that being 32 years old and from Canada that this may not be possible. I am always optimistic but I also want to be realistic as well. Also, if you have had struggles with this please feel free to share. What are your thoughts?

Hi!  I'm in the same boat.  Well, sort of.  I'm a registered nurse from the states and will be relocating to Germany.  I've had a little bit of luck in terms of getting information ahead of time.  There is a hotline you can call if you check out the "make-it-in-germany" website.  I haven't tried that yet.   https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/
This website also gives some information.  I had a contact in Augsburg, Bavaria but she is no longer in that position so I'm waiting for a reply. 
My situation is slightly different because I'm a German citizen although I did all my schooling in the US and have lived here for 30 years.  I'm currently 41.  I'd be happy to share any info I get.  Keep me posted as well!

cpaulson wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I am interested in going to Germany to be a nurse. I am currently working on my C1 level for German. I was wondering if anyone on here from Canada, USA, or anywhere else who is not in Europe has successfully been able to get an Ausbildung or get accepted into vocational schools. I am looking for people who are over 25 in particular, who have to apply from our home countries. Of course if you are under 25 feel free to chime in because I love hearing success stories. Has anyone here over 25 had success in getting an Ausbildung? What kind of Ausbildung were you successful in getting? Did you have to fly to Germany for interviews? What was your experience like? I am mainly just worried that being 32 years old and from Canada that this may not be possible. I am always optimistic but I also want to be realistic as well. Also, if you have had struggles with this please feel free to share. What are your thoughts?

I didn't see this post when it appeared. From my understanding you are starting German C1 which is a good level and the main obstacle for most English speakers. But you don't currently work as a nurse, you are planning to do the training in Germany; is this correct? If so I found the following 2 links (German only), one gives information about the training, which has apparently been redesigned as of 2020. New regulations have combined 3 different categories of nursing care into one. The second link is a specific overview of openings in different training centers for this.

They give many details but I don't see age limits mentioned anywhere, so I would suggest using the contact information given to inquire. The thing is that someone in their early 30s still has a potential long career ahead of them and nurses and related personnel are in extremely high demand in Germany at the moment. So it is my guess that there are likely programs open to you but you would have to double check for sure.

I have to question that your profile says you are planning to go to Norway but here you claim to be at a high level of German and considering Germany? Is this correct and how does it fit? 

https://www.ausbildung.de/berufe/pflegefachmann/https://www.ausbildung.de/berufe/pflege … bar-anchor

@Sligmann. Your response is to a post from cpaulson whose situation has the fundamental difference that he/she is wanting to do nursing training and you already are a nurse. And there are often age limits for vocational training programs so I think his question is still unanswered. But it might be interesting for you to share your experiences here since nursing is one of those fields that is in high demand in Germany and they are actually trying to recruit foreigners although it doesn't require a university degree.
But many dreaming of making it to Germany seem to underestimate the stress and difficulty of being a nurse, or they underestimate the challenge of learning the language well enough for the profession. It would seem you have that covered by already being experienced and being a German speaker. I recently spoke with an Argentinian who was a working nurse who came to Germany but then had to wait for something like 18 month for them to certify her credentials before being allowed to work here. I think sharing such experiences can be very valuable for people on this site.

@cpaulson Hello ,im 21 and doing an Ausbildung als Pflegefachkraft in Schleswig Holstein Germany.In my school i have Colleagues who are Older than 40 years .So i think age is not a limit.If you have B2 you can send your cv to hospitals and Pflegeheims which provide Ausbildung and this is what I know about Ausbildung as Pflegefachkraft.Hope it helps . ***

Moderated by Priscilla last year
Reason : please do not post personal contact details for security purpose
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@rmjoymon800

Thank you for your participation.

However, please note that this thread is quite old.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Expat.com Team

@cpaulson  hello  I am Safi I ive in Germany and I want Ausbildung for my brother and know he live in afgahanistan how can I bring my brother to Germany and he educated please can you help me how can i

@ahmadziasafai86***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Information should be shared on the forum itself not via email
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@cpaulson hello I am Safi I ive in Germany and I want Ausbildung for my brother and know he live in afgahanistan how can I bring my brother to Germany and he educated please can you help me how can i
-@ahmadziasafai86

This thread is already a couple of years old and this post is off topic. And in Germany one cannot bring a sibling - they have to qualifiy for a pathway to immigrate on their own. A family reunion visa, for example, is to bring a spouse or one's own minor children; NOT parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews, cousins, uncles, aunts or siblings. And for one to get into an Ausblidung (vocational training)  like mentioned means having the academic qualifications and a B2 level of German.

@cpaulson hello I am Safi I ive in Germany and I want Ausbildung for my brother and know he live in afgahanistan how can I bring my brother to Germany and he educated please can you help me how can i
-@ahmadziasafai86

This thread is already a couple of years old and this post is off topic. And in Germany one cannot bring a sibling - they have to qualifiy for a pathway to immigrate on their own. A family reunion visa, for example, is to bring a spouse or one's own minor children; NOT parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews, cousins, uncles, aunts or siblings. And for one to get into an Ausblidung (vocational training)  like mentioned means having the academic qualifications and a B2 level of German.

@ahmadziasafai86 ***.
-@heikeless

If a newly registered user offers help without telling how he/she would do it - but asks for a personal contact (and by posting his/her own, breaking the forum rules), then in almost all cases it is a scam or fraud.

So, if you contact him/her at all, please be extremely careful, do not agree to pay in advance and don't, out of deseration, agree to extortionate fees.

I personally think (as Tom also explained above) that no-one can actually help you or your brother. You will have to find a solution on your own (and it will most likely start with him learning German, before coming here)!