Teaching piano in Germany

My name is Mazen Mansour, i am Syrian living in Dubai, teaching piano as freelancer is my job since 1995, i am following ABRSM exam, l am planning to move to Germany within 1 year, may anyone help me to find opportunity as freelancer or employee piano teacher? your assistance is highly appreciated.

You can teach piano freelance from your home using your own experience as a basis. There are no regulations on that, and sometimes you can also get a job with a private music school, especially if you have your ABRSM teaching qualification. If you want to teach at a conservatory, school, or something along those lines, you need a bachelor's degree minimum. If you have that, you're definitely in good shape.

As a freelancer, you can find students by putting up ads and distributing flyers around the neighbourhood. However, I'm not sure how easy this approach would be for getting a visa. I know someone who has a visa for teaching music lessons out of her own home, but she has a degree in teaching music. She also came here as a student and started teaching lessons then, so by the time she transitioned into getting a freelancer's visa, she already had enough students to show that she could support herself. When you're applying for an artist's visa (including teaching the arts) it's important that you're able to show that you'll be able to support yourself. Any qualifications you have, receipts issued to students you have in Dubai (or their parents), and experience in the field can help you, but it's not set in stone, either. I think it would be hard for you to find a job in the field before coming here...there's just a pretty big supply of music teachers here, so music schools don't have to look far to find someone. I'm in Berlin, though...maybe it's different in small cities.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much Danie for your panoramic reply, you covered almost all questions i have,really appreciate your time you spent to write the reply, i will study it carefully (and maybe i will back to you)
Thank you again.
mazen

I would like to add two things to DanieMarie's excellen reply above:
- It is not easy to get a freelancer visa. Ask at the German embassy in your country for the requirements and procedures.
- German language skills are needed to do any teaching and complete any formalities and paperwork, which as a freelancer you are liable to do.

Thank you Beppie.