Amazon/Ebay/Online Shopping

If you group shipments and they total more $200 combined...

What then ?? taxes ??

Theoretically, they should look at the invoices to see which day the products were ordered, and apply taxes/duty that way.  I'm going to guess that it depends on the person, or the day, or the type of day the person has had.  I spread my shopping out, to avoid any rude surprises.  So far, so good.  As long as nothing arrives in one package that is over the $200 threshold, I think you'll be OK.

The rule is per package, us 200 including shipping on the invoice.  They can also determine that what you bought was for commercial purposes and resale and nail you with tax and duty anyway so be careful.  So don't buy 50 pairs of socks at once!

You can buy 10 different things from 10 different sellers on the same day. As long  as they are not shipped together and over US 200 you are fine.

You can buy 10 different things from 10 different sellers on the same day. As long  as they are not shipped together and over US 200 you are fine.

So - grouping will attract tax... if any single day's arrival exceeds $200

Maritime doesn't seem to have the $200 rule...I discussed it at length with CPS...electronics are what flag tax in our experience...

Hey, wait this was started by Uncle Buck?! I will share our experience with CPS with cervezas in hand... Our friends in Cabrera from Canada were having a similar issue... I'll let them know you seem to have a fix.

Maritime ...
now we're back to mudanzas....

the dock & the airport are different - it seems

WillieWeb wrote:

So - grouping will attract tax... if any single day's arrival exceeds $200

No honey, each package is separate and distinct as long as that "package" is under US 200.  This is not a daily limit it's a package limit.

It appears "mudanza"  has a different deal or agreement.  I don't understand it.  And until it changes, take advantage of it!

the shipping through these courier types also comes with limits. you can only bring in 6 cell phones per year. that really does not matter, because the shipper guys just assign your 7th to Fausto Rodriguez.

By the way, did you registred in the DGA website for online shopper registry? as far of July if Im not worng if you are not registred they will hold any package received if is not registred the receiver.

this is the link for registration https://www.aduanas.gob.do/de-inter%C3% … o-courier/

Yes all Mail Forwarders are sending the reminders out to register.

Mudanzas are a very Dominican thing.

In Awilda's office....
large sacks of rice - huge tins of oil- lots of foodstuffs

I assume these are Nueva Yorkers sending aid back home.

2 weeks ago... about 3 abanicos - not incl mine !!!

More of a lifeline than the Amazon stuff being talked about here

Riva
Gracias... I used your link to register.... very easy.. and necessary!!

❤️❤️😎👍

I was told that CPS ships maritime based on volume and grouping them is more of a conenience for getting them into Sosua at same time...but no guarantee...they have a physical address in Miami. We ship regularly with them. So far so good...some shipping bills raised eyebrows...but, they were things like inverters, direct solar AC systems and dual fuel generator, dishwasher, etc....everything has made it...even through all the hurricanes in fall 2018...lost some fans that were later recovered....no one's fault...

I want to know if they might offer a shopping service...like someone goes to local stores and buys stuff for us... from those stores that don't have free shipping...hmmm...I've heard of such services...

Easy to find out, ask them!

Filling a container is a matter of cost.

The shipping is the same for 1/2 full or full....flat fee
Weight means nothing to ocean shipping.... just a container.

In NYC, they group their shipments....
The container arrives at my man 1/2 full already....
he then adds his load to it and oof it goes to the dock.

Once at the DR dock, the load gets sorted to the proper distributor and off to a DR warehouse for transfer to a delivery truck and off to my door - or yours.

Trust me -- they are FULL... top to bottom jammed/crammed

This load sharing lowers the cost for everybody

WillieWeb wrote:

Filling a container is a matter of cost.

The shipping is the same for 1/2 full or full....flat fee
Weight means nothing to ocean shipping.... just a container.

In NYC, they group their shipments....
The container arrives at my man 1/2 full already....
he then adds his load to it and oof it goes to the dock.

Once at the DR dock, the load gets sorted to the proper distributor and off to a DR warehouse for transfer to a delivery truck and off to my door - or yours.

Trust me -- they are FULL... top to bottom jammed/crammed

This load sharing lowers the cost for everybody

They called consolidated shipments, thats why Dominicans can send boxes and a lot Tanks at a cheap cost.

That's what I'm trying to explain here - Riva
The concept of a Mudanza
It seems to be a new topic for this group...questions about invoices etc.

As you may know -it's highly popular w/ Dominicans and very affordable with a minimum of paperwork...like none

Please correct me if I am wrong, that is a Maritime based shipping service Willie.   Correct?  I want to make sure we are all crystal clear on this. It takes  longer, is cheaper in bulk.

MAIL FORWARDERS - ship  packages by air every day. Whatever comes in to Miami for DR is all put together and sent to their port of entry.  THEN it is cleared and  sorted and delivered to the regional offices.  You pay by weight and / or size. Dont go over  US 200 per package! Does not matter how many packages arrive any given day.

planner wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong, that is a Maritime based shipping service Willie.   Correct?  I want to make sure we are all crystal clear on this. It takes  longer, is cheaper in bulk.

MAIL FORWARDERS - ship  packages by air every day. Whatever comes in to Miami for DR is all put together and sent to their port of entry.  THEN it is cleared and  sorted and delivered to the regional offices.  You pay by weight and / or size. Dont go over  US 200 per package! Does not matter how many packages arrive any given day.

Yes,  Boxes or Tanks sent by Mudanzas companies is Maritime based shipments, can take up to 2 weeks to receive it as sometimes they have some delays but is cheap, and they delivery in your door, also you have the option to pay when delivered.

to ship a box cost arround 80.00  and to ship a tank arround 110.00.   There are some companies that you can get cheaper price but they have a lot problems with the shipments with missing stuffs.

for me -- with Awilda Shipping in NYC... a 2x2x2 box is $30-35
Tanque/Barrel $130 or so

Ocean freight... as Riva says 2-3 week delivery.
Pay before or on arrival.

Absolutely hassle free....

you need to find one in your area... NYC, Boston , FLA are the most common places

Just ask your neighbors here and they'll point you somebody.
All Mudanzas have offices here - naturally - you can go there too.