Home improvement store in Punta Cana area?

My partner and I own a condo in the PC area.  It came fully furnished (not new) and on a previous visit we used Jumbo for a lot of small items since the place didn't need much.

This visit though we need to do some more heavy duty work and upgrades.  I recall seeing see a larger hardware store on the highway 105 north of Bavaro. Is there anything in the area like a full service home improvement store like we have in the US (Home Depot, Lowe's)?  My guess would be that if there is, we'd have to probably drive to Santo Domingo?  I'm looking for paint, possibly a small amount of lumber, "good" kitchen faucets (LOL, I have yet to find any in DR; the ones at our condo last MAYBE a year at a time), cabinet hinges and pulls, a better assortment and higher power LED bulbs than what Jumbo has, etc.

Also, any ideas for electronics and small appliances other than what's at Jumbo?  I know those things are dear in the DR to begin with, and the past year I'm sure will make it even more so.  We need a new microwave oven, possibly a coffee maker, and new, larger TV than what the prior owner left us with.

Lastly, does anyone have ideas for a good window repair person in the Bavaro area?  Our place is only 11 years old or so, but the windows are not great and need some repairs. If the place was in the US I'd just replace everything with impact windows, but I'm sure if those even exist in DR they'd cost a fortune.

Appreciate any and all responses on the above.

Thank you!!

Oh Jesus.

You are due a 1-2 day trip to La Capitai ;)

Try Ferretería Pappaterra and places North and South along that road.  You won't find it all in one shop.  That is part of the magic of moving here.

For windows - Puvesa , and good luck!!

Thanks. I figured it would take more than one stop shopping, and I'm fine with that. I just want to cover all the bases I can so I'm not wandering around aimlessly.

Anyone else? :-)

Yes, I can help you out with a lot of your questions.  Although SDO might be better for some things, most of what you want I can help with.  I am also in the PC area, send me a private message and I we can chat about some options.  Also have a good window guy.

I sent you a bunch of info in a private message.  Hope it helps.

Looks like you are getting some good info!

In Santo Domingo I can certainly help you out!

Illumel and illumel outlet have good options for furniture - high end

Plaza lama for TV and appliances. Watch for good sales

Corripio for appliances.

Ikea of course for stuff.

Pricemart - for a variety of things including microwave and air friers

planner wrote:

Looks like you are getting some good info!

In Santo Domingo I can certainly help you out!

Illumel and illumel outlet have good options for furniture - high end

Plaza lama for TV and appliances. Watch for good sales

Corripio for appliances.

Ikea of course for stuff.

Pricemart - for a variety of things including microwave and air friers

Thanks for the help!  All good things, even if we don't get to them this trip. Corripio was recommended to me as well. :-)

Hi guys,

I will be in PC on the 23rd next week. Already got my faucets and connectors with me to install 😉 but I may need some other tools.

Please if you can share the recommended store list it will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Unfortunately there isn't anything close to Home Depot/Lowes, at least in the PC area(in sto dmgo Almacenes Unidos comes very close).

Seems the hardware mega stores here are 60% warehouse and 40% store front tht can be accessed. And none of them sell lumber directly. In PC these are hardware stores I've visited:

Deposito Ferretero - Cleanest/Most organized
Ferreteria Pappaterra - Biggest selection
Ferreteria Bellon - National hardware chain store but disappointing selection

Also Jumbo has a hardware section that might match a couple of hardware stores in terms of selection and price.

DominicanadaMike wrote:

I sent you a bunch of info in a private message.  Hope it helps.

Mind sharing with the forum?