Filipina married to Norwegian citizen

Hello Everyone,
I hope you'll help me with this matters.  I have a Swedish man and he is currently working and a citizen of Norway.  We're married, last October 24th ,2018. We've been trying so hard to get everything done and gathered information for me to get to Norway however ,I am still confused and what I should I do.  I have all the papers but the matter now is what is the right visa I should apply for? And what do I needed to do?  My husband is now in Norway and I left alone here in Philippines to process my visa.  We planned to apply residence card to Norway when I get there. 

If you have any more questions please message me.  I would really appreciate it. 
Thank you very much.  Hugs.

Avegail

fredrikavegail wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I hope you'll help me with this matters.  I have a Swedish man and he is currently working and a citizen of Norway.  We're married, last October 24th ,2018. We've been trying so hard to get everything done and gathered information for me to get to Norway however ,I am still confused and what I should I do.  I have all the papers but the matter now is what is the right visa I should apply for? And what do I needed to do?  My husband is now in Norway and I left alone here in Philippines to process my visa.  We planned to apply residence card to Norway when I get there. 

If you have any more questions please message me.  I would really appreciate it. 
Thank you very much.  Hugs.

Avegail

Hei Avegail,

Since you are now married, you can apply for a family immigration with spouse. Just visit UDI website and its all in there.
https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fam … ion/?c=phl
hope this helps. For any other questions, just ask away

Best Regards,
Joan

Hi i think u can apply for family immigration visa under EU since you are married to a Swedish who lives in Norway..

Hello, how's your application?
I am a Filipina too, married to a Norwegian man. We got married on April last year in Philippines, and applied for a family immigration visa late of May. My visa was approved on July last year.

My application approved right away when I process it.

Congrats fredrikavegail!
Welcome to Norge!

Congratulations...

GuestPoster017 wrote:

My application approved right away when I process it.

Wow! you're so lucky to have been approved right away.I applied last January 03,and still waiting for the result.

Hi Efrelle,
I have been 2 months since I lodge my docs and still no result yet😢

Sagittarius83 wrote:

Hi Efrelle,

Hi, usually the length of the process depends on the situation. For what I heard and experienced the fastest is 2 weeks. If the application was forwarded to UDI then it can take longer. 6mos and up. Every case is different so it's only them who can really provide you a definite answer.

Mine took two weeks, while some I know took 6mos to a year. We still didnt know what's the difference between our applications. But atleast in the end we've been all approved.

Sagittarius83 wrote:

Hi Efrelle,

Waiting for the answer is the hardest part😩.Going through your e-mails everyday,checking if you got something in your inbox.I hope we will have positive result soon.

Yes I always did and yesterday I received email it means it will take longer before I get the result?

Your application for a Residence Permit was sent to the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Oslo for processing. For more information on the processing times, you may refer to this link: http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/c … ing-times/ 

The Embassy will notify you once a decision has been made by the UDI.

Kind regards,
Royal Norwegian Embassy, Manila

It's been 3 months and still waiting argggghhh😢

My visa was approved last monday,after a month of waiting😊

congratulations..  when are u going to norway?  mine was approved also last monday.. hoping to get to know u.  good day

Hello :)
Congratulations! :)

thank you.  how are u?

Hello, I am good. Thanks.
Anyways, where will you be staying in Norway? :)

Congrats Efrelle, I hope that they will grant mine too🤞🙏

Hi.. thats fast.. did you apply for family reunification? Im also planning to apply nxt month..

Im good..are in norway now?hows your aplication going?