Cohabitant visas to Norway

Hello, I'm 25 f and I'm from Jordan (middle east) my bf is Norwegian 32. He's been working in Jordan for almost 2 years and now closing his contract and going back to Norway. We have been together for a year and six months. We are trying for gf/bf visas to be able to fly with him and visit his family but with Covid strict rules they don't issue visitor visas for that category starting from February, we looked into cohabitant visas but it says we should be living together for at least 2 years and give proof that we been living together! Problem is we still haven't marked our 2 years anniversary, we can't give proof of living together for 2 reasons : 1- culture and society, we can't own/rent or bill if we are not a married couple and it's harder to publicly announce the relationship.
2- his housing and bills were all covered by the company anyway so there's nothing to sign on
I have been living with him for that period of time and i feel very down that I don't have a strong profile to be able to get a visa and go to Norway. We will continue a long distance relationship until we could be with each other
We want to be with each other more than anything.
so if anyone has been through the same or know any information that can help make this work please kindly share with me
Thank you

I am more or less in the same boat as you. I handed in all of my documents to the police yesterday for family immigration with my Norwegian girlfriend. The police told us that if we had had definitive proof of living together then they would have been able to process us directly in the police but because we don't they have to send it to UDI :(

We have the same "problem" where we can't prove that we lived together for 2 years. We were students when we met (serbia) and lived together for over 2 years while studying. We lived in her parents apartment which they bought for her while she was studying. So naturally we didn't have to pay any bills or have any bills in our name aka. proof.

We hope that UDI will be understanding of our situation and accept written statements from her parents that we lived there rent free.

I would love to hear from someone else who had a similar problem!

Why did you have to send it to the police? And what kind of visa you applied to?

Cohabitant visa (family visa)

I handed my paper work and application in Norway at the police station. That is the protocol.

Oh i see, i hope you get the Visa
Me and my partner are legit crying on the phone right now because we don't fulfill the Cohabitant requirements, we been living together for one year and 3 months :( and going to him just to visit is a nightmare because we built a life and to be separated is the worst feeling :(

I am very sorry to hear that :(
Hopefully you find a way to solve the problem

What was the main problem in the end? That you hadn't lived together for 2 years or that you didn't have physical proof?

Also when did you submit your application and how quickly did you get an answer?

Oh my situation is so complicated
My main problem is now that we haven't lived together for 2 years and his uncertain situation, we managed to gather proof of us living together through delivery receipts through our accounts to the same address and support letters from our friends who lived next door and statement letter from his ex work that they were aware of us living together and that they covered housing and bills.
But now my partner moved to Netherlands for new job but seems he's not feeling it and want to go back to Norway and will be unemployed until he finds a new job, him being in Netherlands now with uncertainty on whether he's staying or moving had the application on the hold and don't know where to send it :(
Best option is to apply for a visitor visa to be with him and his family during Christmas, after that we have no idea what to do

Sounds complicated :/
Hopefully you find a way to figure it out.
Best of luck and thanks for the insight!

P.s. when did UDI confirm they received your application and when did you get a reply?

@lazarspopovic hey, did udi approve your application

@lazarspopovic Hello Lazar did UDI approve your Application