UDI Skilled Worker Permit

Hello,

What's the current waiting time for skilled worker (Norway) being processed if the applicant is outside EU? I understand it's 16 weeks but that seems unreal. The application is straightforward with job offer and all the required documents. Did anyone applied for the same in the last couple of months? Would be great to know more on it. Thanks

the UDI wait time page does say that there are cases where the information is processed faster, such as if the employer has applied for multiple visas and they can batch process. But it does say that as of 2 days ago they were processing the October '22 applications. I would expect that December MIGHT have fewer new applications so they can go through that but it's anybody's guess, unfortunately.

my source:

https://udi.no/en/word-definitions/guid … 3&ss=1

@ganegama77 that's quite strange tbh. In my case, the employer had affiliation with agency in norway and hence they applied on my behalf. I am not entirely sure if that makes any difference in waiting time. But do keep us posted if you hear any good news!

@ECS Yeah but it's quite unclear from UDI why they are taking so long to process. I wish they would be little more transparent about their system of waiting time

@Ola_verdo i wish also, they don't want to talk back to your questions, the process situation is unfair, i'm waiting nearly 6 months and i missed lot's of job opportunity because of i don't have my passport. But some people reach their result's in 2 month's even they applied after me.

@Faso A did you applied on your own or the employer applied on your behalf?

@Ola_verdo i wish also, they don't want to talk back to your questions, the process situation is unfair, i'm waiting nearly 6 months and i missed lot's of job opportunity because of i don't have my passport. But some people reach their result's in 2 month's even they applied after me.
-@Faso A

Why didn't you give a copy of your passport?

Hrmm Im waiting for a working holiday visa for Norway and I also have no real indicator of when mine will even be processed. It is, in my opinion even worse than the bureaucracy I had to face with my last visa for Germany .. with embassies giving me a guide of up to two months but the UDI saying that they don't even know how long it will take or what my visa should even be classed as . I have also had the standard waiting to be processed email , which in my email states that it will  be sent again every two weeks yet I received the first after 16 says then another after 21 days and now and other after 24 days it's so unreal. And when I try to email them I get another automated email that states they will reply within 10 working days it has now been three weeks hahahah .

@Ola_verdo my own

Hi,

I have just received the residence permit letter today - took me around 5.5 weeks. I wish everyone good luck and hope you all get good news soon.

@Ola_verdo Really nice to you

@Ola_verdo hi did you submitted your application to udi with accommodation proof (i.e.written rental agreement)?

@victorshellntube no not really

@Ola_verdo ok noted, my employer applied in November 22nd 2022, my joining date was Feb 1, 2023, but still no update from UDI. I resigned from previous job in 1st week of January 2023, hoping I will move to Norway but still residence permit is not approved and i am without pay for 2 months. I don't know what is the issue, almost 16 weeks over now.

@victorshellntube that's very strange. I hope you will receive the desired news soon. Wish you good luck!

@Ola_verdo hi Ola Verdo, I also got my visa today. Thanks for the kind words.

@victorshellntube Great news for you. I'm applying in December but haven't received the result yet. Normally I received a weekly auto email from UDI but haven't received any last week, have you experienced the same thing? I am so worried as my start date is supposed to be March 1st :(

@Ola_verdo Great news for you. I'm applying in December but haven't received the result yet. Normally I received a weekly auto email from UDI but haven't received any last week, have you experienced the same thing? I am so worried as my start date is supposed to be March 1st

@ChloeNg83 Yes I didn't received any auto email on the 4th week and then I got the good news. I am hoping same thing will happen to you. Good Luck!

@Ola_verdo Thank you

My application for the residence permit was approved today! I submitted my application on the portal on the 30th of January, handed in my documents on the 13th of February and the application was approved today on the 10th of March! In total, it took exactly 5 weeks to get the application approved! I applied at the Norwegian embassy in Stockholm, Sweden! Good luck to all others.

@ChloeNg83 hi for me, my employer applied and I was not involved. So I don't know the updates. Only after 16 weeks I got the news that my TRP is apporved.

Hello everyone I got a Norwegian work permit and I applied for my visa submission through the vFS center Abuja nigeria, I was ask to pay for a udi application fee 6300nok on the Norwegian udi portal which I did and submitted on the 31/1/2024 at the vFS centers, then my documents where sent to the embassy at Ghana, so I got a call from the embassy at Accra Ghana that I made a wrong application that when I was applying there were two options on the udi portal stating where I am applying from and. I mistakenly picked that I am applying from Norway instead of me to pick that I'm applying from abroad then Nigeria and the udi would be directed to the Norwegian embassy Accra Ghana so I was told I would need to make another application, what I want to know is if I make another application how can it be sent to the embassy in Ghana cause I'm in Nigeria right now

IMG_0672

@lurdraay006

but i got a mail from the embassy stating that

{Dear applicant

We have received your application for a residence permit

We have registered your date of birth as 04

Please use your reference number

(DUF-number) if you need to

contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

If you want someone else to contact us on your behalf, please fill out a power of attorney form and sign it.

You will always find an up-to-date waiting times for your kind of application on www.udi.no/en/waitingtime. If it takes us more than 30 days to reach a decision in your case, we will send you a new email.

It is not possible to reply to this e-mail. If you need more information, please see our website: www.udi.no.}

those this mean my work resident permit is in process ??

Any one with an opinion should please comment

@lurdraay006

Fellow Nigerian here. Send it the same way you sent the first application. That is through VFS Lagos to Norwegian embassy in Ghana.

hello everyone. I submitted my documents to the local police on 18.01.2024 and my application was received. On 31.01.2024, I received early employment approval from the police. However, I still haven't received a response from udi. Is this a normal wait?

anyone there ?

today I contacted UDI via chat and received the following message, I hope I have not been rejected. I'm so scared, I applied from Norway and I was even able to get a residence permit and an early start permit from the police.

''I can however see that it has been made a decision in the case by UDI, which has been sent to you and the police has been notified about it. We cannot answer questions about the contents of your decision letter by chat. If you have questions about the decision, carefully read the decision letter before you contact us by phone. You can reach us by calling +47 23 35 16 00.''

@samiko44 I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

The approval for Skilled worker visa takes a long time. And in some cases, if the employer applies for early start scheme with the police, the early start go signal is given.

Thanks for your reply.

I received my early start work permit 1 month ago. UDI said it had made a decision and reported the situation to the police. I'm currently working legally, but I'm worried, can the police reject the udi even though they give permission to start work early?

@OlaHi_verdo

Hi all,

I need to gain information about norway work.visa ,what time required in approved norway skilled visa and who documents are compulsory to get this type  of visa.

Hi,

If enyone had experience with cases like mine, advice will be helpful.

Im working in a Norwegian company for 7 years as back office support but in the country outside EU. (Administration work)

The company is for pc/print repairs and have contract with the bigest sellers like Lenovo, HP, Xerox...

I have big experience as a technician and a lot of official courses and certificates from HP, Lenovo, and Xerox for printer and pc technician. But I have no high school for electronics.

My question is, have anyone tried to get working visa like this? Does UDI approves cases like this?

The company want me there, they will make all documents andt try, I just want to know what are my chances.

Thank you!

My name is Khurram shehzad I am Pakistani I live in Kuwait I want work permit for norway my father family lives in Norway 40 year ago but he is not support me and my brother my parents was lost my dream bright future and life thanks

@Ola_verdo your UDI application was under EARLY START type? i am now on the same situation like you, applied via employer and i am now on my 4th week.  according to my recruiter, the UDI they applied for me is not the EARLY START type. 1f603.svg

@victorshellntube

hi may i ask if you have received an update to your visa ?

I haven't received any update or reply yet

Hi Everyone Im new here!

I am worried of my residence permit in norway. Until now we haven't received any good news. Out application was forwarded to [link under review] and it was still pending May 21 my employer inform me that he received a posting feedback from UNE regarding with my papers. Is there a high chance that they will grant me a visa to work and come in norway?