Traveling while awaiting family reunification permit

I saw a post about applying for residency in Norway and rules for traveling while waiting for the permit to come through. On the Norwegian UDI website they say that you must wait in Norway for the family reunification residency to come through. However, Norway is part of the Schengen and in other countries you can travel within the Schengen while waiting for your permit to be processed. Des anyone know if Norway can enforce staying strictly in Norway if they are part of the Schengen ?

Thanks so much

No they do not force you to stay in Norway.

But if you over stay the totall time of 3 three months in the whole Schengen area which most of nations visa free passport holders have then is problem.

Schengen countries are allowed to have temporary internal border controls with each other usually 3-6 months if you get stopped in one of those without a valid visa or over stayed you get fine and expelled from Schengen area and because of that you may be denied family renunionfication in Norway.

Hi Rridik,

Thanks for answering. I was told that I could stay over 90 days while my permit was processing (by UDI); however, that i was supposed to stay in Norway. However, there is free travel within the Schengen so i am not sure how they can restrict me from traveling abroad. Any thoughts if they are legally allowed to do that if they adhere to the Schengen rules? Thanks!!

Well thi first 90 days you are allowed stay in all the Schengen area.after once three months expire you have to either wait for your answer in Norway or out of the Schengen.

As i mentioned before Norway does not stop you from going out of the country after the three month period.But if you are checked for example in Sweden and the can see you over stayed three month in Schengen and you have no residence permit in your hand they will fine you imidiately

And expell you out of Schengen.

I'm not sure what rights have the aplicants while waiting it looks more like lawyer question.

So you have to decide where you want to wait.

@Rridik

Thanks!