Has anyone applied for a skilled work permit recently ?

Hi all,

I am an Indian citizen currently living and working in Sweden as an environmental scientist. I got a job offer from a research institute in Norway. Officially I am supposed to start on the 5th of May 2023. I applied for the Norwegian residence permit (Skilled work permit) on the 30th of January and handed in my documents at the Norwegian embassy in Stockholm on the 13th of February. On the UDI website, it is mentioned that the current waiting time can be 4 months. Has anyone applied for a skilled work permit recently and got a positive decision? If yes, then can you please mention the timeline?

Best

SK

Yes, my employer applied on my behalf on 25th Jan. My start date was today, but I am yet to receive any update unfortunately

@Ola_verdo Thank you for your update! I hope you get it soon :)

Hi, I was applied  in september 2022, and still waiting answer. And they don't even give an information, it's nearly 6 month.

@Faso A Dear Faso, I hope you get a positive decision soon. I guess if its more than 4 months since your application then you can contact the UDI for more information on your case.

@Ka_Sh Yes i contact them lot's of time but they don't give answer except wait result haha they don't care, i missed lot's of job because of this.

My application for the residence permit was approved today! I submitted my application on the portal on the 30th of January, handed in my documents on the 13th of February and the application was approved today on the 10th of March! In total, it took exactly 5 weeks to get the application approved! I applied at the Norwegian embassy in Stockholm, Sweden! Good luck to all others.

@Ka_Sh you are lucky. Been 7 weeks of waiting but still no results

@Ola_verdo you have an update?

@Lian Chan Good luck!

I applied in January and am still waiting...end of May now!

@ElizaO12 ... What is your job contract. So since you applied since January and no response, do you call UDI to check your case

My employer applied for me last Dec 05, 2023.. So far, I haven't got any feedback yet..

Current waiting time based on UDI website is 2months, so I guess a few more weeks to wait..

Anyone applied at the same timeframe and got feedback?