Work experience from former employer - Skilled worker visa

Hi,

I am in the process of applying Norwegian work permit from the UDI website. One of the documents mentioned in the checklist is the details of my work experience with my former employers. The section in the UDI website is highlighted below

and/or documentation of work experience containing detailed information from former employers about how long you worked in the company, what training you were given, your tasks and qualifications
[Explanation] You only need to document work experience in addition to, or instead of, documentation of education if the work experience should be part of the assessment of whether or not you are a skilled worker.

My question is, what if my previous employer does not provide my work experience information, or does provide that information but without the company letterhead?

I have the reliving letter from my former employer, but it only mentions the time period i worked with them and my role in the company. It does not include detailed information about my tasks, responsibilities or the projects I had worked on while I was employed there.

Would getting a recommendation letter from my Manager help?
Has anyone come across a similar situation when applying for a skilled worker visa?

Appreciate your help.

is this the first time you apply for the visa or is this a renewal of skilled worker visa?  There is a form that employer has to fill up isn't it.

This is the first time. I have accepted the job offer from my new company. I provide the power of attorney to my (soon to be) employer to file the visa on my behalf since i am not in Norway. It is my responsibility to get the experience letter detailing my work experience with my previous employers. Problem is what if one of the previous employer does not provide the detailed experience letter? Would that be a problem during the visa processing?

Thanks

My friend had similar situation.  She was from Zambawee and she had to provide proof of employment for the last 6 years.  she did also receive letters that just state the time she worked in the company and what type of jobs. But she does have letter head in every letters.

I remember she called to UDI and explained the situation and the UDI accepted her explanation.  You should call UDI and checked with them first.  Explain to them how difficult it is to get the ex employers to reissue the letter and ask them if you can provide alternative documents......e.g. tax return that shows income from the company etc?

Hi,

I have been granted the skilled worker permit very recently and believe me I did not submit this documentation. I am going to work as a scientist at the University of Oslo, and all I required were the degree certificates and things worked really well for me. This is not compulsory. You can skip this and then apply. I applied and my residence permit was approved within 2 weeks from the date of submission of my application. And i finally received my visa within three weeks.

Cheers and all the best!

@fornight, Thanks for the information. Yes I plan to attach my W2's, recent salary slips and reliving letter.  If UDI needs more information I will call them up and explain my case.

@Souvik_uio Thanks for the information. I will be submitting all my school, pre university and degree certificates. One question, did you have to submit your birth certificate? I am unclear if I have to or not. My Birth certificate is in non-English language. I will have to translate it in English and probably get it notarized before I submit it.

Thanks for your replies.

NANDXOR wrote:

@fornight, Thanks for the information. Yes I plan to attach my W2's, recent salary slips and reliving letter.  If UDI needs more information I will call them up and explain my case.

@Souvik_uio Thanks for the information. I will be submitting all my school, pre university and degree certificates. One question, did you have to submit your birth certificate? I am unclear if I have to or not. My Birth certificate is in non-English language. I will have to translate it in English and probably get it notarized before I submit it.

Thanks for your replies.

You don't  need birth certificate.

@fornight, Thanks!

Hye,

Is it necessary to attach work experience certifications with application for norway work visa? or we can apply for work visa without attaching experience certifications? As they mentioned that all details should be mentioned in reveal letters like duties and responsibilities. But in my experience certificate I have only working period and designation I was holding. Please let me know if anyone can suggest me with right information.

Thanks