Family immigration

Have you had any experience of applying for family immigration to Norway while you are on a tourist visa in Norway? Were there any problems? Will they be deported if the tourist visa expires? Have you been approved for a family  immigration? Please share your experience

Hi, yes i applied in Norway for family im.

i came here Norway touristic visa. I have been waiting 3.5 months which is my staying days 90. And i already passed 90 days. But I still have valid visa till 1th of may.

As i know, if you get denied you have to leave country in 3 weeks. But if you granted family im. No problem. Because your resident permit already started when you applied . (If you are skilled person or last 6 years you had job and referance letter from your prevous work and your university degree - diploma ; you should give them when you are are applying. ) so if even your visa expired you can stay. But for me i am planing to leave before my visa expired if i dont have any answer till may. I dont wanna take any risk and i dont trust the system. For me real question mark is, they didnt give me any written answer or a offical pepper which shows i can stay. I can tell you i am worry too. Because Udi page gives the informat i wrote below but politi or Udi never told me i can stay or i have to just leave and wait in my country during or after applied.  But if i knew all the things are so complex about resident permit i really really would apply in my country.

@Cansu Sømhovd Thank you very much for info

@Cansu Sømhovd

hello,

I just wanted to add something in your point..

it's Hard to stay in there country with no open status but you just need to be calm and wait for them to finish processing your application as long as they have not told you to leave the country and they are holding your passport just relax.

they do that sometimes so can give up and ask for your passport which they have nothing to loose.

applying from your country it's also another hectic process 😩😩 at least there you can have a lawyer or engage yourself with some societies which they can help in your application.

when you read there rules you need to apply b4 your visa expired so far I thing you are at the right track!

all the best cos we are both on the same boat😉 14 months waiting now!

@gplaytime It is so difficult to stay calm actually :(  14 months is incredible!!! I can't understand only a 5 million population in this country and how things can go too slowly.   do you still have valid  visa  or have you had pr before?

Hi to everyone, I am romanian and my husband from pakistan ( we married in romania, so he has a romanian residence permit) he applied for a norwegian residence permit because I moved here, I'm working, we both got the D number from skattetaten, my question is if somebody can help me with the information : we have interview at police at 2d of february and we know we need interpret for translating but the question is if can be an interpret( translator) who translate from english to norwegian ( we both speak good english) or they ask for interprets for romanian-norwegian and pakistani-norwegian. We couldn't find out, thank you for your help, hope you will be all lucky to get your documents very fast.

@Luna F As i know speaking in English is enough ? Am i wrong ?

@Cansu Sømhovd  thanks, I think also but you never know here what kind of requests they have, btw we needed also to make tuberculosis tests because is mandatory for romania, plus to open a bank account is a very long process ( comparing to all the other countries and I've worked in many)

@Luna F you are right... we never know what they want. I heard bank account thing yes.. i hear it takes almost between 1-2 months... like a joke! I

@Cansu Sømhovd hei, did you send your appeal BEFORE the deadline? and did you ask for “deferred implementation” on your appeal letter? If yes, then you CAN stay in Norway while waiting. Normally UDI will send you letter of the decision whether they agree on your “deferred implementation” or not. If not, you must leave. But if you haven't received anything yet, then you're still considered “legal” staying here (as long as you sent your appeal BEFORE the deadline) I've called them many times asking about this matter.

@Luna F if both of you and your partner speak English fluently, then having an interpreter is not mandatory. It's just optional. You can request to have translator if you wanna be interviewed with your native language.

@Goonersafc thank you

We had the interview today, it was postponed because everybody need to have an interpreter or translator from the mother language is mandatory plus the main documents need to be apostilled, the people from police was very helpful and gave us 2 other appointments after 1 week and after 2 weeks, depend on how fast we can arrange a translator ( I need one from romanian to norvegian, my husband had an interpretor from urdu to norvegian) so who will have an interview pls take these advices in consideration, good luck!

@Goonersafc what if my visa expired ? I.am still waiting my case to be proccesed, and 2 minths my visa will expires... 😏

Who is currently in Norway now waiting for an answer from UDI? Im still waiting for 5 months now. 🥺

@Reyna208 me in the same stuation.. 6 month today... stress is making me sick.

@Reyna208 me !!!!

How long did it take before u had interview with the police in Oslo (if u applied in 2021/2022). Anyone who didn't had any interview with the police in Oslo even if they are from Asia?

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I have a specific situation and I'm hoping to connect with others who might be in a similar boat. My Skilled Worker Visa appeal is currently in progress, and my visa is set to expire on August 31. According to UDI, I'm allowed to stay in Norway while waiting for the appeal decision.

I'm curious to know if there's anyone among you who has experienced or is currently experiencing this situation:

• Have any of you stayed in Norway while waiting for a UDI decision on your visa appeal after your initial visa had already expired?
  • How did this process affect your daily life, work, or other activities?
  • Were there any challenges you faced during this period that you'd be willing to share insights about?

Your firsthand experiences would be incredibly helpful to me as I navigate through this phase. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Hei ManliaJoy,

Here is my personal experience;

I have been in Norway since September 2022. I had to stay because when I applied for FI waiting time was 4 months (now still waiting). and Already passed 90 days staying rule and last May my visa expired.  so I had to stay also I am married and my husband has no chance to visit me if I was in my country. he has a full-time job. Anyway,

Since I am still waiting for a permit, the most difficult thing is for me not allowed to leave the country. Because I missed my parents a lot, also during this time my father got sick, and these personal issues made me stress a lot.  even though I am married to a Norwegian since I have no permit;  ı have no rights here like; working, norsk kurs, or medical care. so these are also difficult. and now my concern is if I get denied  (hope not) and have to wait more 12 months? or god knows how many more months? for appeal.

and I need to point out that me and my husband passed mid-aged far ago if we were in 20 something would be easier for both of us but after that, we cant live separated, we don't have so much longer life... life is short. ...I would love to add to my situation;  living in the north and the countryside with no social life make difficult so many things for me. BUT: reason ı am here, ı am married. if ı was waiting for a work permit and had no partner here, definitely I would definitely wait in my country, in these conditions.

good luck with your journey.

best...

Hi Cansu,

I understand your situation and challenges well. Just to share, I appealed on August 3, 2023, and I received my skilled worker visa on August 15, 2023.

It must be really difficult not being able to leave the country, especially with family matters and personal stress. Your resilience is admirable.

I hope for the best outcome for you. Your journey is unique and complex due to your marriage and circumstances.

Wishing you the best!

@ManilaJoy Thank you.

and I am so glad you got your response so quickly! It is a kinda miracle!

hope we have the same miracle too after a long time of waiting :)

@Cansu Sømhovd hi, something new? We are still waiting, at the end we had 2 more interviews at the police, each like 6 hours ( short reminder of my situation : I'm EU citizen, married my pakistani husband in romania so he had already a european residence card when we moved here, he applied for residence card here, I don't need) so we are both working, he has two jobs, me one, after the last police interview they send the case back to UDI and told us that in max 6 months we get an answer, this was end of march, still nothing, so really hope we get soon an answer, a positive one, good luck to everybody... We are living in Oslo and having also the jobs is not difficult for us, we are often going out to eat, for coffee and kino, shopping this kind of things, also we made some nice trips in norway in the summer... Good luck and hope you also gave us soon the big good news!!!

I want sponser working visa. Can you help me.

@Luna F hi and hi everyone who reads here. I am too sad to say last week on monday i got my letter and it was refused. Reason : not enough income. I hope to wish my best to everyone here waiting. I have been waiting 1 year plus 15 days.

@Cansu Sømhovd   that's a sad news I'm really sorry, but I think if you appeal maybe can change the situation, never loose hope, wish you all the best and I still have hope that it will be ok for you 🤗

@Luna Fthank you 🙏

@Cansu Sømhovd 🤗🙏

@Cansu Sømhovd sad to hear. Sorry!

@Erica Ray i am so sad. I hope no one experience this especially with this unbelivable waiting time. I wish the best everyone.

Hi All!

Just an update, I got my result yesterday for family immigration and it was approved - applied oct 7, 2022

@ellenamisa hi congrats, happy for you 🤗🌹

@ellenamisa can I ask you how you got the answer? By email or you just get your residence card in the post, thank you and once again congrats!

@ellenamisa congrats  🎉 saw it on facebook.  still waiting for mine.

@Luna  Me and My partner both received email of the decision - Since I applied overseas, I have to attend politi first before I get the card

@ellenamisa thanks for your answer and good luck with everything 🤗