Living in NL & Working in DE

Hello,

I'm a resident in NL as a spouse of a Dutch citizen and my ID states that TWV "Work Permit" is not required for my status and I could work freely, but I got lucky with a company based in Germany, my question is "Does it allow me to work in Germany knowning that I will still be living in NL?"

Regards,

The answer is No.
Work permits are still national, meaning you'd need a German one.

beppi wrote:

The answer is No.
Work permits are still national, meaning you'd need a German one.

Thanks for your reply, is it possible to provide me with a ref.

What ref (I assume that means reference) do you want?
The fact that you need a work permit to work here is probably stated in the immigration law - but it is so obvious that I doubt you need to show proof.
The fact that a work permit from another country is not valid here is also obvious (unless there were a law that says otherwise, but such a law does not exist).

TheRealismail wrote:

Hello,

I'm a resident in NL as a spouse of a Dutch citizen and my ID states that TWV "Work Permit" is not required for my status and I could work freely, but I got lucky with a company based in Germany, my question is "Does it allow me to work in Germany knowning that I will still be living in NL?"

Regards,

Such a situation is referred to as a cross border worker. A non-EU citizen will always need a valid work permit for the country where the job is. But rules of residency have been worked out so that the fact that one lives in another EU country from where they work is not a problem. Here are a couple of good links about the subject. The first one was published by the University of Maastricht, as they have many such employees. The second link (Dutch and German only) covers both scenarios, working in either Germany or the Netherlands and living in the other.

https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/sit … ermany.pdfhttps://www.svb.nl/int/de/bdz/index.jsp

Thank you for the detailed reply.. i will make sure to go through the links later tonight.

Really appreciatebit.