Orientation Year Visa (Zoekjaar)

Nope. I haven't heard anything from them yet...

I just have one query. At the moment I am in the process of sending the documents to Netherlands for evaluation. As I was going through the documents checklist,  a credential evaluation document which is approved by Nuffic is required to be submitted with other key documents. But this document is only required if we did a diploma in a foreign country.
I did a MEng in Manufacturing Engineering from the world top 200 university. The degree which I obtained is a post graduate master's degree and not a diploma certificate.
So do I have to obtain a Nuffic certificate for my Master's degree ? Or is it only applicable for foreign diplomas ?
I request you to please assist me with the same

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I think you've answered your own question really, but the IND website describes the requirements, rather than me repeat them here; this link will take you straight to the page with the details you are looking for.

If you're in any doubt as to whether your qualifications do meet the requirements, then the IND have their contact details on the same website (top right-hand corner of the page).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat team

Thank you very much for the reply.

I was  a bit skeptical about the difference between post graduate degree and post graduate diploma. I did send an email to the IND as per mentioned in your text, buy the reply was a bit confusing as they advised me to consult Nuffic directly.
So do you recommend me to apply for the Nuffic certificate or should I wait for the IND to tell me to provide this additional document  ?

jaybya wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply.

I was  a bit skeptical about the difference between post graduate degree and post graduate diploma. I did send an email to the IND as per mentioned in your text, buy the reply was a bit confusing as they advised me to consult Nuffic directly.
So do you recommend me to apply for the Nuffic certificate or should I wait for the IND to tell me to provide this additional document  ?

Hi again.

If IND (who are the Regulator in this matter) have told you to get your diploma looked at by NUFFIC, then I would suggest you do that.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you very much for your help :)

Hello,

If your degree is not from Netherlands then you have to get credential evaluation done. I have applied for the same. It's mandatory for orientation year visa even though you graduated from top 200, only leverage here is not to take IELTS if your degree is from English speaking county.

Hope this information helps.

Beside diploma from Netherlands, Nuffic evaluation of your diploma is not needed if you graduated from Belgium and the programme you studied is already registered in Flanders Higher Education website.

Hello everyone. I have made my application for the orientation year visa. They told me they will handle my application on 27th of June latest.

Do you know what are the chances of getting this visa? and if it might happen that they handle it earlier?
Also do you know if I can travel as a tourist in the Netherlands meanwhile I wait for the visa answer?

Thank you.

ENIeni04 wrote:

Hello everyone. I have made my application for the orientation year visa. They told me they will handle my application on 27th of June latest.

Do you know what are the chances of getting this visa? and if it might happen that they handle it earlier?
Also do you know if I can travel as a tourist in the Netherlands meanwhile I wait for the visa answer?

Thank you.

Hi and welcome.

Providing you have provided all the information to enable them to make a positive decision, then it shouldn't be a problem, the Netherlands is always looking for the right people to come and work/live there.

As for travelling earlier - depends - your information tells me you're an Albanian citizen living in Italy.  As such, if you have a biometric passport, then you don't need a visa; if you don't have a biometric passport, then you do need a visa to enter the Netherlands - you can't have 2 visa applications on the go at the same time; so in those circumstances, no, you could not travel as a tourist, you would have to wait for the results of your zoekjaar application.

However, assuming you applied for your zoekjaar visa in Italy, then you will have to go back there to get whatever documentation you are issued with.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello.

Thank you for your answer. I have a biometric passport and also an Italian permit of stay. I don't need a visa as a tourist so it shouldn't be a problem :)
Do you know if there is any chance to get the answer for the visa earlier? Reading in the forum, i see almost everyone gets the answer on the latest days.

Thank you again.

Hi again,

I have no direct experience of it myself (never had to do it), but from my work on here, I see the same as you, that most people have to wait until the end of their waiting period.

Several of the applicants have received their visa on the final day. So I guess you will have to wait until the final day of your decision period. I am still waiting for mine as well.

When is your last day of the application ?

It's on the 27th of June the latest I am getting an answer

Hi, so did you receive a confirmation without submitting a nuffic credential evaluation? I did not submit it and now I am worried

Hi,
I suppose you only need the Nuffic credential evaluation if you don't have the Dutch degree, apart from the Belgium degree. Then you can be able to apply your orientation year with your qualified foreign diploma.
In my case, I graduated from one of the top 200 university in the UK, so I applied IDW (International Credential Evaluation) with my degree. after that, you need to wait for at least 3 weeks to get an evaluation letter.

Hi,

May i ask you which documents did you submit for diploma evaluation ? I am also gathering the documents to apply for the evaluation and I have a master's degree from a top 200 university too. I was wondering any other document is necessary beside bachelor's degree, master's degree and signed application form.

Thank you very much.

Hi dyarinci ,

I applied evaluation with IDW around 3 months ago, the requirements might change sometimes.
So I suggest check everything properly on their website, here's the link: https://www.idw.nl/en/

I submitted my undergraduate diploma and transcript with both my own language and the English version,  also my master diploma and transcript. More importantly, they also required vocational or secondary education evidence, so I went back to my high school to get my high school diploma and transcript sorted.
I wasn't sure about if that was necessary to submit the secondary education documents, but that was on the checklist, and I successfully got my diploma evaluated in the end.

Hope for the best=)

Thank you very much for your response!

I have my highschool diploma but i don't have any transcript from it. I guess i need to ask if they want also highschool transcript or the diploma itself is enough.

Any update with your application ?

I've just received a positive decision yesterday.
I applied it on the 12th of March and they handled the decision on 6th of June, fortunately, they didn't email me on the last day, I might be so worried by then.
So I think as long as you provide everything they require, there's no chance you would get rejected.

Anyone is looking for an accommodation in Netherlands currently ?

Hello everyone,

Did someone get an answer? I should get mine at 27th of June at latest, and I am getting a bit worried since one week is left.

hey there,

i have this situation where i can only move to the NL after the 2020 new year, with a three months resignation notice. on the other hand I am also aiming to arrive in the NL as early as possible at the beginning of january 2020 (because I guess more jobs are available after the new year, I don't want to lose the momentum). therefore, I need to get my visa approved and give my notice in october.

under those conditions, this is my plan:
1. early sept submit my zoekjaar application
2. early october (a month later) i got the approval and have to move to the NL within 90 days
3. submit my three months notice to my current office
4 move to the NL at the beg of january (within 90 days after my zoekjaar approved).

but then after reading all posts above which mentioning that it will take 2-3 months to get the zoekjaar approved, I am not sure about my point number 1 and 2.

now the question is: the 90 days validity of mvv, is it start from the email i receive saying that my zoekjaar is approved? or the date i collect my mvv?

if the 90 days start from the mvv collection date, then i will submit my zoekjaar application as soon as possible, then if i got my result, for instance, in august, then i will wait until october to collect my mvv and start my 90 days.

but if the 90 days start ticking from the day i got the email saying my zoekjaar is approved. then i need to come up with a different strategy on when should i submit my zoekjaar application.

thank you guys! your comment and input are appreciated

Hey,
I have a question for you. Did you also submit a document which was your diploma degree evaluated by the NUFFIC. Also while i am applying for the validation it is asking for a BSN number which i dont have so how do we apply?
i am so confused about this.
kindly help

Hi guys,
I have just received my application number by the embassy. I am waiting for the evaluation by the Nuffic. How long can i wait before submitting all my documents to the IND? I will be paying immidietely as they said i have to pay within three weeks of the application number.
Kindly help.

Shami95 wrote:

Hi guys,
I have just received my application number by the embassy. I am waiting for the evaluation by the Nuffic. How long can I wait before submitting all my documents to the IND? I will be paying immidietely as they said i have to pay within three weeks of the application number.
Kindly help.

Hi Shami,
In my case, since I applied for the urgent case, it took me two weeks after receiving the letter stated that "Application for credential evaluation is complete."

Normally the procedure goes like this:
1. Submit application
2. Confirmation of receiving the application (Provide you with the case number)
3. Ask for payment
4. Confirmation of receiving the payment
5. Confirmation of the application is completed (If you didn't submit all documents they required, they will ask you to submit the remaining documents at this stage)
6. Wait for about 2 weeks (if you applied for urgent case) or 4 weeks (standard case ) before receiving your result.

Here is the duration in my case:
Step 1- 4 (1 week)
Step 5 (1 week because they asked for more documents)
Step 6 (about 1.5 weeks include the domestic post-delivery time)

Hope this helps.

"now the question is: the 90 days validity of mvv, is it start from the email i receive saying that my zoekjaar is approved? or the date i collect my mvv?"

Hi Cerro, did you find out about the answer? I have the same question. Thanks!

hey the 90 days validity of MVV started from the day it is mentioned on the mvv sticker.

so in my case:
I applied zoekjaar in july;
I got the results in september (it was too early!)
I emailed IND and asked to delay the mvv commencement date to december (they agreed)
I collected my passport and mvv sticker in september
my mvv valid from dec-march (3 months)
it makes it possible for me to move to the NL in January 2020.

Hi , when did you end up receiving you confirmation from the IND, I am applying now in February and am trying to gauge how long it will take, thank you.

Mdnaik wrote:

Hey shahruk,

I have started my application on February first week still waiting for response. Any update in your case?

Hi , when did you end up receiving you confirmation from the IND, I am applying now in February and am trying to gauge how long it will take, thank you.

I would like to know that if we meet all the criteria mentioned in IND website , we will get the visa, right? Or is there any exceptional case? I just submitted the orientation visa and waiting still.

theo.soe wrote:

I would like to know that if we meet all the criteria mentioned in IND website , we will get the visa, right? Or is there any exceptional case? I just submitted the orientation visa and waiting still.

The country of issue always hold the right to refuse entry, but it would be very unusual circumstances.

Do I need to submit a proof of English proficiency even though my mastes was done in English in a non-English speaking country

Hi guys,

I read on the IDW website if our foreign diploma still not complete we can still apply for credential evaluation if we have completed atleast one year of study program. But in this case they will provide educational evaluation instead of credential evaluation which contains the same information.

However, I would like to know if i can use this educational evaluation for zoekjaar?

Heyy Guys!

Hope you all are doing good.

I'm one of the applicants just like you, I have taken an initiative to have a "Orientation Year Visa (Zoekjaar)" community.

I have created a WhatsApp group for everyone to join, where we can dicuss about our applications, our stories, opportunities, renewals, and any important information that would be beneficial to us in Netherlands!

And also plan the hangouts parties together during weekends :)

Here is the link to join the WhatsApp group!

See you there! Cheers!
Ali!

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Promoting external groups is against the forum's rules.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I applied for the orientation year visa in September my 90days have passed already but still no response! I emailed IND but haven't gotten a feedback yet! How's your experience do you have a response yet?