Dear friend,

I am looking for help about NIP and PESEL number requirement.

As EU-citizien starting work contract in Poland on November I have to register in Poland for tax purposies.

I read these articles: … istration/
about PESEL and NIP numbers.

If I am correct, from 2018 as EU citiezien is much better to get PESEL number instead of NIP number?
NIP/PESEL number I can request after my contract starts? or before?

Is there somebody with this type of experience?

Thank you very much for your help,
sincerely Tomas

If you will have an external  work contract not as a self-employed ,you will need a PESEL.

It is always better to go to HM Revenue and contact Ministry of Finanace via the web