Need help........... Business Visit Visa

I need some advice/help about my Business visit visa, is it possible to convert Businesss visit visa into work visa(iqama).
Iam a Canadian citizen and Im here in Saudi on Business visit visa which is valid for 6 months.I was told that they can convert this visit visa into permanent work visa once Iam here. Its been 2 months already and I havent heard any thing from them. It is small contracting company.
Any kind of help or information would be greatfull.

As far as I know it is  not possible to convert business visa to Iqama.

Yes - it can be done, the employer has as to apply to ministry. But be warned that due to Saudization, this is now more problematic.
Your employer is going to have to justify that they are unable to find a local person and hence need to recruit an expat.

Thank you guys for quick reply, any other option for me?

Is it possible to transfer the business visit visa from sponsor to sponsor

dsenthiln wrote:

Is it possible to transfer the business visit visa from sponsor to sponsor

No.
Business visa is short-termed. Why would you need to transfer?

There is a clear line between Temporary Visas and Permanent Visas.

Temp Visas : Business Visit, Family Visit, Tourist, Umrah/Hajj Visa.

these Temporary Visas cannot be converted to Permanent Visas. you're employer has to issue a separate permanent visa which would require that you leave the country and comeback using the new visa, and issue you a Resident Permit i.e Iqama on your return.

converting a visit visa to permanent visa is like saying converting fat into muscle (which is a false fact by the way ;), you burn fat and gain muscle )

if there is anyway for a permanent permit to be acquired, its most likely under the table and illegally done, and you will risk being deported. even if the government discovers after a couple of years. (thanks to their proficient work) in any case you would be jeopardizing your stay in the Kingdom.

Salman