Bank loans in Jordan

Hello,

Finances and banking can sometimes be a headache for many expats, especially when it comes to taking out bank loans.

Is it difficult for an expat to get approved for a bank loan in Jordan?

What are the types of bank loans available for expats (mortgage/bonds; business loans; car loans; personal loans; student loans)?

What are the general conditions for expats to take out bank loans (interest rates; timeframe to repay loans, etc.)?

Which bank in Jordan is the most popular or accessible for expats regarding loans?

Would you normally require the services of an accounts manager at the bank in order to facilitate the process of taking out a loan? Is this service free of charge?

What would happen in the case of an unpaid loan if you have to repatriate back to your home country or move somewhere else?

Are there any other options for loans aside from the bank in Jordan, such as taking out a loan from your bank in your home country, or other types of companies not affiliated with banks, that give out loans?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Expats,
  Unfortunately here in Jordan the only was foreigners can receive a bank loan is that you either have to become a resident or working for a company and certain banks will give you only a personal or car loan from my experience. The company will automatically deduct from your salary the amount and is transferred directly to that bank. As for a housing loan again most banks require you to be a resident.

@Priscilla

In my Experience, Loans in Jordan is Difficult even for Certain Bank that my Salary transferred too, Arab Bank for Example, even my Salary is more than they're required.

I Have been residing in Jordan for 13 years, working for A Reputed Private Company and My Salary has been transferred to Arab Bank for these period of time but whenever i tried to Apply for Personal loan it get rejected 1f602.svg1f602.svg

Tried many other Banks and no results and NONE of them are granting my Application.

Until I gave up and found a Microfinance Company that gave us the loan.
Hello Kate29,

Thank you for taking the time to respond here, but this thread is quite old (since 2018).

Perhaps you can check out the most recent threads on the Jordan forum to see if you can help other members by sharing information.1f601.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Kate29 what ghe name of the company?

@Kate29

What the name of the company??