Checking out San Miguel de Allende this November

Aloha,
I am an artist agent living in Honolulu for the past 20 years.  I have been to Mexico many times, mostly on the coasts and I've heard about SMA for years and been curious.  I'm about to retire and will visit San Miguel this Nov. to see if it's a good fit for me and me for it.  I would appreciate any tips on meet-ups. 
Also I am a amateur harpist and would love to find a harpist to study with and/or rent a harp from while I am there for the month.
Thank you.
Aloha and Adios~
Alexa

Aloha y Hola Alexa,

Obviously you will soon find out for yourself if San Miguel de Allende is a good fit for you. Whether you decide to stay for a while or not, you are sure to discover new things and meet people and that of in itself should be exciting.

Where to meet people and musicians in San Miguel? Hmmmm...kinda everywhere. You'll quickly find out that there's quite the artistic community here and plenty of venues to hear music of all types and meet the musicians and all that comes with that.

A quick reference as to what might be happening in town to meet your musical needs.

1. Check out the Atencion local news paper available on line or in print in various locations throughout town.

2. Go on line and check Lokal SMA

3. Check out the many bulletins, leaflets and brochures offered and or posted in several of the hotels, restaurants and boutiques throughout.

4. Google the places listed below to get a feel for what you might find on your musical check list.

Plan on going to and or hanging out at the many live music venues such as:

- Teatro Angela Peralta
- Teatro Santa Ana
- Bellas Artes/El Nigromante
- Instituto Allende and Bistro Mi Casa
- Tio Lucas Restaurant and Bar
- Paprika
- The Restaurant
-Rosewood and Sierra Nevada Hotels (both usually have good harp players)

And the list goes on and on. You want to meet musicians, listen to music and meet people of all sorts? Yep, you'll find all of that in San Miguel de Allende. 

Good luck, Buena suerte and have fun.

WT

Thank you White Tiger~
Alex