Places to celebrate and meet expats for New Years Eve

My husband and I are staying in SMA from end of Dec to Feb,2014. We would like to meet expats living in SMA as we are considering this town for retirement. Can anyone suggest a place to meet ?
Please provide names of restaurants, clubs etc and possibly an email for reservations.
thank you in advance.

Sandie:  My wife and I just returned from visiting our son who lives in SMA.  What a wonderful city!  Beautiful,
warm temperatures for this time of year and great people, both expat and Mexicans.  I am sure you will love it.  We also are thinking retiring there next year.  If you need more specific info please contact our son James at [email protected].  I am sure he would love to help.

Volunteer!!!   Check out the Lions Club, package food on Saturday morning for "Feed the Hungry".  Attend plays, lectures etc at the Library.  Just go sit in the Jardin.  I have met some of the nicest people in the Jardin.   Take a Spanish Class ( if you speak little or no Spanish Try Warren Hardy's Spanish group).
  The nice thing about San Miguel it is hard NOT to make friends.
Enjoy

feedthehungrysma.org/

bibliotecasma.com/

atencionsanmiguel.org/2012/07/13/san-miguel-lions-club-celebrates-25-years/

warrenhardy.com/

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g151932-d152829-Reviews-El_Jardin-San_Miguel_de_Allende

Victor G

Thank you so much for your response and information.We are looking forward to our time in SMA, it is currently below zero with snow in Minnesota !

SandieW

vlynnp

All great suggestions, thank you.

SandieW